how to open library files from arduino application

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to debug arduino code running on arduino hardware. Are there any debugging tools?
Iam unable to access the library functions given in the source code.( for example in GSMexample-SendSMS, i could not access the code in gsmAccess.begin())

Regards,
Prathiba.

The usual approach seems to be to have Serial.begin in setup() and then stick Serial.print("boo!") at appropriate points in the sketch so you get a message to say where it is.

That, and/or using a couple of LEDs to show where the logic takes you.

Iam unable to access the library functions given in the source code.( for example in GSMexample-SendSMS, i could not access the code in gsmAccess.begin())

You need to explain this, and how you think a debugger is going to help.

I tried with notepad++ but couldn't open them.

I tried, and I could. Does that help? Of course not. Neither does your "that didn't work" kind of responses. WHY couldn't you open them? Did right clicking on the file and selecting Open with Notepad++ cause your computer to explode?

PaulS:
I tried, and I could. Does that help? Of course not. Neither does your "that didn't work" kind of responses. WHY couldn't you open them? Did right clicking on the file and selecting Open with Notepad++ cause your computer to explode?

Aye, that's Windows for you!