how to perform Vehicle to Vehicle communication

Hi, every one….
can some one please give me some suggesition on how to establish communiction between IntelEdison board and IntelGalileo board.

reason for that communication is, I would like to make V2Vcommunication between them, so that I can use two boards as two vehicles.

Using mobile phones would probably be the best. Either send text messages or set up an internet link.

How far apart are the vehicles?

Will they be moving?

How many bytes of data do you want to send every second?

...R

actually I want to prevent collision between vehicles so, distance we can say when two vehicles come near to each other.

otherwise we can say when a vehicle comes into the blind spot of our vehicle it should be noticed by our vehicle.
2nd thing is when a three vehicles are moving in a lane when the first vehicle applies brake the vehicles coming behind should know the information at that point, so that they can take necessary action in mean time.

I hope you understand my question,If not please let me know.....!!!

This went from establishing a connection to self-driving cars real quick

CommonMan:
actually I want to prevent collision between vehicles so, distance we can say when two vehicles come near to each other.

Have you a $50m driverless car budget like Google, GM, Volkswagen etc ? (Or is it $500m each?)

Driverless cars will, in the first instance, be able to do what you say without any data coming from the car in front.

Even assuming there was a reliable wireless system, what data could you transfer that would help?

How would a vehicle know which vehicle the data had come from?

And building a reliable wireless system that could be used in a life-threatening application is a whole other ball game.

...R

thats a good question,
to make it possible in real world we have to combine with GPS technology,
right now I have made vehicle which can perform immediate stop operation when there is a vehicle in frount of it,
so, what I want is Once if we can establish board to board communication, we can thing of organizing the other devices (vehicles).

CommonMan:
so, what I want is Once if we can establish board to board communication, we can thing of organizing the other devices (vehicles).

I suggest that you start by figuring out how you will use the data. If you can't conceive of a system that will work with virtually 100% reliability it would just be a waste of time figuring out the wireless technology.

And I don't believe that a series of GPS positions is sufficient data for this application.

You should also be designing to avoid the need for an immediate stop, or any stop for that matter. When vehicles stop there is a huge negative impact on traffic flow - much worse than simply going slow.

...R

GPS positions are also only accurate to within about 3 meters. They only update at 10Hz, at 100km/h that works out at an update every 2.8 meters.

I thing I hv not conveyed My idea proprely...
it is as interesting as this.....

I am too lazy to watch 9 minutes of YouTube when you could describe the system in a couple of paragraphs.

From the first few seconds of the video I suspect it is already out of date and whatever they are putting into driverless cars will be the future. Just my 3 cents.

...R

read this

one final request to every one......Actually I have started my project on this topic,so any one have information regarding board to board wireless communication, please let me know .......so that I will go forward my project.

thank you all

Have you researched what is available? What frequency do you want to communicate with? How much data do you need to send? What latency would be acceptable?

If this system works it would be sufficiently important to justify the use of frequencies that require a licence. Indeed the reliability of the system may be improved by using frequencies that are not publicly available to every hobbyist.

The first requirement is to figure out a working concept. Worry about the wireless later. You could probably build a proof of concept demo using nRF24L01+ transceivers.

...R