How to power a sensor from Arduino Mini Pro?

Hi guys,
I tried to power a sensor (MLX90614) from the 5V pin available on Arduino Uno and it worked fine.
Now, I would like to power the same sensor from Arduino Mini Pro but I don't undarstand what pin I have to use.
On Arduino mini pro there are two VCC pin to power the board but it's seem that there aren't pins to power external
hardware.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance

Alessandro

you can always set a digital pin HIGH and that is equal to 5volts. , depending on the model of the one you have
could be 3.3 or 5v, keeeping in mind their 40ma max

On Arduino mini pro there are two VCC pin to power the board but it's seem that there aren't pins to power external hardware.

The pins are marked VCC because there is a 3V3 and 5V version of the board. The version of the board will determine if VCC is at 3V3 or 5V.

As long as you have a 5V board, VCC is the 5V pin.

If you are powering the Pro Mini via Vin then remember it only has a small regulator, so the total current it can source will be rather less than the full sized Arduino for the same input voltage.

Promini has RAW (the 7-12V input) and VCC, which is the regulated 3.3 or 5V output as James said.
You can add your own regulator supply in parallel supplied from your RAW voltage source if you need more than the
regulator can accomodate:
http://www.micrel.com/_PDF/mic5205.pdf

Thank you so much, guys!! :wink:

eddiea6987:
you can always set a digital pin HIGH and that is equal to 5volts. , depending on the model of the one you have
could be 3.3 or 5v, keeeping in mind their 40ma max

That seems a very dodgy approach to me - either you provide decoupling on that supply (thus overloading the pin), or you don't provide decoupling (which is just asking for trouble). A switched supply should use an external transistor or MOSFET up to the task, not a logic output.

And the 40mA is an absolute max, 20mA is a practical design limit.