How to power boarduino/motor driver

I need some help straightening this out. I am going to use a boarduino and this motor driver http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=9670

I'd like to power it all with one 9v battery. I see that the motor driver has a regulated 5v output. Can I use that output to power the boarduino? If not, how can I power both things with one battery?

I see that the motor driver has a regulated 5v output. Can I use that output to power the boarduino

Yes

Note 9V batteries do not last very long driving motors.

What sort of battery should I use for a DC motor? Please note that it only runs maybe 10 time a day tops for 1 second each time. It’s unlocking and locking my door based on RFID. I’m trying to only use batteries to keep the entire thing on the door without any wires running to it.

I'd go with a rc battery. What amp/voltage is your motor? And you'd need a decent torque motor to do so. Why not use a servo?

Honestly I don't know. It came with a deadbolt I took apart. Anyway I can tell short of googling for model numbers?

A high torque servo will run a bit in price. I'd see if you could scrap one from an rc. I have an ofna violator rc that the steering servo I switched out to a high torque. The old one I still have if you're interested pm me I used it maybe one race would let it go for just shipping only ;).