How to power multiple things with one power supply?

I want to power the following:

Arduino UNO
Pump - eBay Link
4 x Magnetic solenoid valves - eBay Link

I could buy 6 power supplies, but I think that may be inefficient and bulky

Any other ideas I could do?

One good 12V power supply should do it. Though I'd prefer to add a DC-DC converter to provide the 5V for the UNO instead of relying on the internal regulator...but that's probably just me.

Of course you'll also need some other components to switch the 12V to the pump/solenoids. The Arduino can't directly switch 12V.

Steve

Would something like this work?

eBay Link

The pump alone says it needs 60W and at 12V that's 5A. The solenoids will use almost another 1A and then there's Arduino and any other components your system might have.

So no I don't think a 5A power supply will be enough for everything. Maybe 12V 8A would do it.

Steve

Would something like this:

eBay Link Power Supply

Together with:

eBay Link Power Splitter

Work?

If so, I will buy!

You keep referring to splitter cords with 2.1 mm pin coaxial connectors. There are two problems.

One is that you will need connectors to wire your devices with flying leads, such as these:

That pump requires serious power - I am not sure those splitter cables are good at handling it.

And then you have to include your control devices - relays or whatever - in the wiring.

We would generally think it better to use one such connector for the power supply and use screw terminal blocks or soldered connections to stripboard to split up the wiring to the different parts.

5A is a probably bit much for most such splitter cables. I've used them routinely at 1-2A loads which they handle just fine. There are are different versions out there with thicker and thinner wiring. If not indicated and cheap, it's probably pretty thin.

slipstick:
One good 12V power supply should do it. Though I'd prefer to add a DC-DC converter to provide the 5V for the UNO instead of relying on the internal regulator...but that's probably just me.

Definitely not just you. For me that's the standard solution.