height = getHeightAIO();
  weight = getWeightAIO();
  sendData(height, weight);

rtc.setAlarmSeconds(2);
  rtc.attachInterrupt(action);
  rtc.enableAlarm(rtc.MATCH_SS);
  rtc.standbyMode();
}

Unfortunately after standbyMode the board does NOT turn on. Where is the mistake?

Sorry for the very late reply but have you looked at the sleep functions examples ?
Also ensure your firmware is up to date too as there were some improvements that came with that aspect.

ballscrewbob:
Sorry for the very late reply but have you looked at the sleep functions examples ?
Also ensure your firmware is up to date too as there were some improvements that came with that aspect.

Thank you for your reply. I've tried and retried and finally I solved the problem (remember: never put a delay in the interrupt function, if possible leave it empty).

Unfortunately all my efforts were useless, from here Reducing Power Consumption on Arduino Zero, MKR1000, or any SAMD21 Arduino Part 1 - YouTube seems possible to reduce the power consume up to only 0.5mA. I tried with the same sketch but I reach a minimum consume of 4-5mAh during sleep.

Do you know if it is possible to reach a so low power consume?

Only ever used the regular sleep modes as I dont need to be too concerned but if you read the SAMD data sheet there are some better explanations for other power down / sleep modes.
Its quite heavy reading but worth it as there are some clever things you can access.

Been while since I referenced that sheet (when the MKR first came out).