how to read 4 buttons simultaneously and give output for 4 leds

hello,

i have to read 4 pushbuttons via pin 2,3,4,5

give led output to pin 6,7,8,9

when button 2 is high led at 6 will glow and simultaneously if button pin 3 is high led at 7 will glow and

so on

right_arm.ino (772 Bytes)

What's not working?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks we need to see how you have connected everything.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

First, welcome to the Forum. The post titled How To Use This Forum at the top of the Forum by Nick Gammon will help you get a better response to your questions if you follow his guidelines, especially about posting your source code. A lot of us are a little gun-shy about opening files with unknown content. Use code tags and post the source code.

Second, use Ctrl-T in the IDE to reformat your program into a common C style that's easier for us to read.

Finally, you can simplify your code a lot by learning about arrays. Arrays allow you to use a single variable name to reference numerous elements of that array.

sarveshpatil:
hello,

i have to read 4 pushbuttons via pin 2,3,4,5

give led output to pin 6,7,8,9

when button 2 is high led at 6 will glow and simultaneously if button pin 3 is high led at 7 will glow and

so on

I couldn’t find anything wrong with your code (Nice Job) :slight_smile: I had fun considering how to simplify it and I came up with this:

int pbr[4] = {2,3,4,5};
int sr[4] = {6,7,8,9};

void setup() {
  for(int x = 0; x<4; x++){
    pinMode(pbr[x], INPUT);
    pinMode(sr[x], OUTPUT);
  }
}
void loop() {
  for(int x = 0; x<4; x++){
    digitalWrite(sr[x],(digitalRead(pbr[x]) == HIGH) ? HIGH : LOW); // this could be simplified to: digitalWrite(sr[x],digitalRead(pbr[x]);
  }
}

Z

Hi,

By the looks of your code you are using your buttons to pull the input pin HIGH, do you have a 10k resistor on each of those pins to gnd so that when you release the button the input pin will be pulled to gnd (LOW).
6vbduK2.jpg.png
Tom… :slight_smile:

thanks guys

really appreciate

tested again, it work's

thanks zhomeslice !!!

had a faulty power source

thanks for everything!!!!