How to receive two different types of data in bluetooth HC-06 from app?

Im using the MIT app inventor to control a RC car with both direction and motor speed control. For the direction ive programmed letters to represent direction (F,B,L,R) and with motor speed the values are between 0-255. However, in the app inventor, ive programmed it so that the app sends the direction as text, and the motor speed as a 1 byte number. When programming in arduino, how can a variable to receive the text and another to receive the 1 byte number? From what ive seen most use → data = Serial.read(); but in their case they are either sending motor speed or motor direction not both, in my case it would be reading two different types of data at the same time. So is there a function in arduino to read text and another to read 1 byte numbers from bluetooth? (Ive attached pictures of app inventor if required)
Thanks

You might start here

in my case it would be reading two different types of data at the same time.

No. It is reading bytes, in all cases.

I'm sorry, but mixing ASCII data and binary data is stupid. When you read the data, you have NO way of knowing whether the data is supposed to be interpreted as binary or ASCII.

If you assume that you will get direction, speed, direction, speed, in that order always, you'll have real problems when a byte gets lost.