HOW TO RECOMMEND AVAILABILITY OF SLOT IN A PARKING SYSTEM PROJ IN ARDUINO CODING

PLEASE HELPP!!! I know I'm not good in coding. I'm not asking for help in the whole proj just for the code because I know there's a forum like this.

Even If you demand me to have a code, I do not have any idea on how to begin this logic. I hope someone can help me.

This is a PART of our project of a smart parking lot system. I need to display on an LCD screen on how can I recommend a vacant lot in a parking system. For example, if Lot A is occupied (as denoted by an LDR, if it's occupied), the system would recommend B(nearest). Is there any way to code this in a simplest way? As we are aiming for the most brief code as we're using an ATMega 168 only. Thank you for those who would help. :slight_smile: Please don't ask any codes on work in this feature of the project as I really don't have any idea on how to do this. PLEASE. :slight_smile:

We are not going to demand anything. You are one making demands. This is not a program writing service. This is a help forum for people who want to learn how to program (or use) arduinos. All we ask of you is that you are willing to learn. If you are not willing to learn then you are posting on the wrong forum. We will walk you through the learning process. Informing us about project deadlines will not change anything. We are not going to change the OBJECTIVE or PURPOSE of this forum because you are on a homework deadline.

This :

Please don't ask any codes on work in this feature of the project as I really don't have any idea on how to do this. PLEASE.

will not change anything.
You need to post the Design Criteria for the project in detail and choose where you want to start. We will direct you to tutorials.
Telling us you don't know anything doesn't mean anything because almost everyone who posts on this forum starts their post with
"I don't know anything"
The difference is that MOST of the people who post WANT to learn.
I will repeat,
IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO LEARN, POST ON SOME OTHER FORUM.
THIS IS NOT "HOMEWORKRUS.COM"

Got it ?

Did you get your segment A working?

@saiyojeff

First step is to spend a few days in the tutorial section - http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage -
Reading your project "specs" I expect that 90% of the code you need can be found there
e.g. - http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/AnalogReadSerial - which can be transformed to reading an LDR.
furthermore for loops and arrays are basic building blocks you need to master.

Time spent there will learn you how simple coding the Arduino in fact is. Check e.g.

For defining the nearest parking spot you can use a 2 dimensional array which gives the distances between every spot.
An additional array is needed to show which spots are occupied.
The arduino makes constant measurements and reflect this in the array.

If a new car enters, the arduino searches the parking spot closed to the entrance that is free. (searching means a for loop)

Hope this helps to get you started

thanks for the input. anyways, i got it working by the guidance of other people WHO ARE WILLING to help. As what I've said, I'm not requesting for the complete codes , as I know there would be someone who will say "This is not our homework, do your own code and we'll help" Oh and surprisingly, there are these people whom I avoided and yet raging in the comments. All I'm asking is the principle or a line of code on what I should be doing. That's all. I'M NOT ASKING FOR YOU TO DO ALL THE CODES FOR ME. THAT'S NOT MY THING. Gladly, there are those willing to help. Others redirected me to post on another section. and I'm thankful for that. (as I don't know If I've posted in the wrong section.)
Sorry for the distrbance and it's so disappointing that these people who seems busy not helping other people apparently are desperate to take their time to comment those things as if they're Tesla. and I know Tesla even wouldn't. Or if you're a fast encoder or you'd just copy and paste it to other newbies like me, it's still desperate. people these days. Here are my two cents. :stuck_out_tongue:

You need to post the Design Criteria for the project in detail

Does using red font really get the message across ?

We can't help because we don't know what you want. Is that so hard to understand ?
Post your Design Criteria. You do know what that is right ?

SINCE YOU NEED TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE CODE TO GET THIS DONE. YOU HAVE TWO CHOICES, FIRST LEARN THE PROPER WAY TO PROGRAM OR SPEND MORE TIME CUTTING, PASTING AND YELLING AT US AND USING RED LETTERS TO CONVEY YOUR DISAPPOINTMENT IN OUR LACK OF URGENCY TO ALTER OUR LIVES AND SCHEDULES TO DO YOUR HOMEWORK FOR YOU.

This Thread may give you some general ideas about planning and implementing a program

IN A SUPERFICIAL READING, i DO NOT KNOW THE GENERAL SCOPE OF YOUR PROJECT. I CAN SEE YOU COULD HAVE A SENSOR IN EVERY SPOT AND KNOW WHICH ARE FILLED AND WHICH ARE NOT.

THEN A SENSOR AT EACH END OF EACH ROW THAT COUNTS NUMBER OF CARS THAT ENTER AND NUMBER THAT LEAVES TO ALLOW FOR A SPOT THAT WILL SOON BE USED.

MY SUGGESTION IS MORE TECH, MORE DETAILS AND LESS YELLING.

BY THE WAY, COMPLIMENTS ON SUBJECT LINE DESCRIPTION. MUCH BETTER THAN 'HELP' OR 'NEWEST NEWBY NEEDS HELP'

as to the point of any of us being able to code quickly and easily compared to your steep learning curve.

the whole point of learning is so that your future employer can hand you a project and you can get it done. your income is based on if you can get it done before the other guy and do it faster and neater and more complete.

if you cannot, the other guy gets the raise and keeps the job when the company downsizes.

lastly, if you even bothered to look at the link about how to program, you will find that the basic and I mean basic point is that you create an outline.

want to know how many spaces are available of the X number in the lot
cars in minus cars out
last time a car went in
last time a car went out
break that down to sections. allow for time to park

once you have listed your criteria, you have the basis of the structure of your program
think about that outline, sketch it out, use a drawing with dominos and move them to get a mental image of the actual movement through the garage.

then all yo need to do is write the code to fill in the blanks.

this way your code will be in manageable segments and will have a logic and flow. each segment might be able to be tested independently

you lean how to do that and you can eleminate the overwhelming confusion of a massive program.
add comments such as your desired scope for each segment to help you remember what it is supposed to do.

saiyojeff:
thanks for the input. anyways, i got it working by the guidance of other people WHO ARE WILLING to help.

in re-reading the posts I never saw ANY actual details about the project and saw only people offering to help if they were given the opportunity to do so.

then, to insult everyone for not helping.

good luck with that.

You're so funny guys. I'm not yelling haha the red color is just for emphasis. I guess if I used uppercase letters then I'm yelling. Some people could just can't get over. Ooops, that's for emphasis. :slight_smile:

hahaha are you nuts? getting mad? why is that? you know what you should be thankful cause there are people who make use of food feeding, they do help you , like giving the codes . oh come on dont be so pretentious as if you’re not willing . DUHHHH

221bpeachy:
hahaha are you nuts? getting mad? why is that? you know what you should be thankful cause there are people who make use of food feeding, they do help you , like giving the codes . oh come on dont be so pretentious as if you're not willing . DUHHHH

You've resurrected a year-old thread.
Why?