How to release stepper using CNC Shield and DRV8825?

Hey everyone, how do you release the stepper motor using a CNC Shield with the DRV8825? I tried writing the EN to 0 to release it but that didn't work, then i tried to write the step-pin to low also to release it but no luck. The code that i am using is referenced to CNC Shield V3 for Arduino UNO - Stepper Motor Controller | QQ Online Trading.

meier538:
I tried writing the EN to 0 to release it but that didn't work,

Have you tried writing it HIGH ?

...R

Hey Robin2, just tried writing it to HIGH and no luck. It worked, i had the jump set for EN/GND, once i removed it, it worked like a charm.

Question: The information that i found online doesn't specific when to set these jumpers other than the M0 M1 and M2. Is it okay to not set the other jumpers on the board?

Also, what is the normal operating temperature? The data sheet mentions 25C, I have my Vref set to 1.0v as per the stepper motor used, which has an Phase/AMP at 2.0A.

Thank you again for helping out Robin2.

meier538:
Question: The information that i found online doesn't specific when to set these jumpers other than the M0 M1 and M2. Is it okay to not set the other jumpers on the board?

I'm not familiar with the CNC shield so I can't answer that.

Also, what is the normal operating temperature? The data sheet mentions 25C, I have my Vref set to 1.0v as per the stepper motor used, which has an Phase/AMP at 2.0A.

A 2 amp motor is probably too much for a DRV8825. If you find the driver cutting out because it is overloading try setting the max current to 1.7 amps. Of course that will reduce the motor torque. It is not a good idea to operate electronic equipment close to it max. If it was my motor I would select a driver that can provide at least 3 amps to have plenty of headroom. But I don't think you can get a 3 amp driver that will fit the CNC shield.

It is normal for stepper motors to run hot - uncomfortable to touch.

...R