How to rename a file?

How do I rename a file in the web editor?

Use the SAVE AS option.

Just hover your mouse to the right of the board selection.
Then select "SAVE AS" or "RENAME"

Make sure you backspace out the existing name before you try to type anything.

save as.jpg

save as.jpg

I don't want to rename the sketch (or even make a copy). I want to rename a file, or 'Tab' as it called in the editor. You can create a 'Tab' and delete. If there's a typo in the name, thers's no way to correct it.

My apologies as the thread was 'How to rename a “file” ’
Simple case of not enough information given in the first place.
Just so I dont do that again I would ask you to READ THIS.

There is not a simple rename as yet for “TABS”

Easiest method.

1. Make a TAB with the name you require eg. “TAB1”
  2. If you want it to contain the information from a previous TAB eg “TAB0” copy and paste the contents of that TAB into the new one.
  3. DELETE the old TAB.
  4. Repeat as needed is multiple TAB’s are involved.

Harder method

1. DOWNLOAD the sketch.
  2. EXTRACT you sketch.
  3. Open your prefered EDITOR.
  4. make the required TAB name changes
  5. re ZIP the sketch
  6. IMPORT the sketch back to CREATE.

Hi @tgaertner80,
you can double click on the tab. Or if you select the show all files options from preferences you can use the contextual menu on the file.
Thanks

Dropbox - File Deleted here a quick video on how to rename tabs by double tapping on the tab name.

Thanks!

Simple case of not enough information given in the first place.

Nope, right to the point. That 'Tabs' are in fact files that are compiled regardless the way they are edited.

smellai:
Hi @tgaertner80,
you can double click on the tab. Or if you select the show all files options from preferences you can use the contextual menu on the file.
Thanks

Thank you, that's the correct answer. Although that feature is not intuitive at all. My suggestion was the best location would be beneath 'Delete xyz' in the triangle button.

good point we can easily do that :slight_smile: will keep you posted on when that will happen