Hello, I am a new member on this forum and making post for the first time so please excuse me for any non conformance.
I have been working with Mega for 4-5 years now and have never faced any issues. I am writing a fairly complex and lengthy code now and everything was working fine up till couple of days back. What happened was that by mistake I wrote to those EEPROM registers which do not exist and now the Mega is working in a very funny way.
The Mega has becomes extremely slow. During debugging I tried various things and I finally disabled global interrupts (using cli() and the program again started working fine. However if I enable the interrupts (using sei()), the program again becomes very slow on that particular Mega board
If I burn the same program to a new Mega the program works fine even when the global interrupts are enabled.
To verify what I have understood, I again wrote excess data in EEPROM on a brand new Mega and that new Mega again started showing the same error verifying the cause and the effect.
Now my question is that is there any way to factory reset all Interrupt registers and especially the Timer related interrupts so as to stop getting random interrupts thereby slowing the code.
I have 2 Megas fried as of now due to random interrupt generation.
Thank you and looking forward for help.