How to reset the Your program in Arduino Duemilanova

Hello.

I've looked up the forum for a similar topic but nothing popped up. Some time ago I've wrote a simple code for the Arduino to large amounts of numbers through the serial port. Program was designed to start on serial port opening.

Thing is that I've got some free time to start some projects with the use of Arduino and I cannot get the program to upload. Once I press the upload button the serial port opens and the Tx is flooded with random numbers.

The Windows Arduino software keeps on holding with the "Uploading to I/O Board" message but I've waited already about 10 minutes and even the Blinking Led example doesn't want to upload.

My question is. Is there a way to reset Your Arduino to "blank" program ?

Cheers, Jarek.

Once I press the upload button the serial port opens and the Tx is flooded with random numbers.

No this is not what happens. The boot loader kicks in first and if it sees no activity then it will turn things over to the loaded program. It sounds like you have a problem with the auto reset circuit. Hold down the reset button until you see the message about the down load size. Then count to two and release the button. It should then load the new code. If not try again with a slightly longer delay.

HA!

The problem was "idiotic" but hardest things in life at the end appear simple. If anyone has some problems regarding uploading. Make sure You have the proper board selected in Your Tools>Boards :D

Anyways thanks Grumpy_Mike ^^