How to reverse motor direction with ESC with reverse function?

Hello,

I have this ESC that theoretically has the chance to reverse the direction of rotation of a motor by activating a switch connected to the two additional wires coming out from the ESC (there is a total of 5 cables to connect to Arduino: 5V, GND, control and these 2 extra for direction control).

Does anyone know how to actually reverse the direction? I tried connecting and disconnecting to power the two extra wires but the direction is still the same.

Thank you!!

Use a meter to sense the voltages on those wires when operating with an actual switch.

Note this warning in the specs:

Warning: Reverse function should not be activated until the motor comes to a completed stop. Otherwise it will damage both motor & ESC.

According to the manual reverse works on a normal servo signal. So if you're using the Servo library you will probably need to do something like connect the signal wire from that connector (probably white or orange) to a pin, set it up as a servo and send write(0) for one direction, write(180) for the other.

So it depends on the code you're using which you haven't posted.

Steve

slipstick:
According to the manual reverse works on a normal servo signal. So if you’re using the Servo library you will probably need to do something like connect the signal wire from that connector (probably white or orange) to a pin, set it up as a servo and send write(0) for one direction, write(180) for the other.

So it depends on the code you’re using which you haven’t posted.

Steve

It works perfectly! Thank you very much!!

Here I post the code I’ve used to test the ESC just in case someone needs it:

#include <Servo.h>

Servo ESC;
  Servo rvs;

int potenza;

void setup() {
  ESC.attach(9,1000,2000);
  rvs.attach(6,1000,2000);
  delay(5000);
}

void loop() {
  rvs.write(0);
  delay(1000);
  ESC.write(90);
  delay(3000);
  ESC.write(0);

delay(3000);

rvs.write(180);
  delay(1000);
  ESC.write(90);
  delay(3000);
  ESC.write(0);

delay(3000);
}

Hello,
I'm looking for a reverse ESC for a 12v brushless motor. What's yours ? Can you give some advice ?

foxrocket:
Hello,
I'm looking for a reverse ESC for a 12v brushless motor. What's yours ? Can you give some advice ?

Did you click on the link in the first post?

Otherwise Google "Brushless ESC with reverse" and you will find loads of them. Most are good for at least 3S batteries so will work with 12V.

Steve