How to reverse the polarity on arduino output pins Help Please

I am trying to wire up a small segment display and I found the pinouts but it has one pin for three volts and the rest are ground. Is there a way I can try to switch the polarity on the output pins of an arduino so that I can put three volts on one pin and all the ground pins to output pins

Please help or notify me that it is not possible

I for one don't even understand the question.

And did you really need to "bump" the post after 5 minutes?

first time on the forum and what about the question do you not understand? Basically I am asking if you can take an led put one lead in 3v with a resistor and another lead to pin 2 and make the output of the pin a ground pin that I can toggle

IF you declare a pin as OUTPUT with pinMode and then write it HIGH with digitalWrite then it will put out 5V+. If you write it LOW with digitalWrite then it will be a ground and it will sink current. You just have to be careful about how much current flows in either case. You'll need a resistor in series with each LED to keep it from frying the board.

thanks thats all I needed

davetronics: thanks thats all I needed

Have you done any of the examples, because that's actually what this one does. That might be why I didn't understand the question: I guess I kind of assumed you knew how to turn pins off and on.

Rule

JimboZA: .......I guess I kind of assumed you knew how to turn pins off and on.

Unwritten rule No. 1

Do not assume the newbie knows anything unless it is explicitly stated.

Weedpharma

Edit: spelling!

davetronics: first time on the forum and what about the question do you not understand? Basically I am asking if you can take an led put one lead in 3v with a resistor and another lead to pin 2 and make the output of the pin a ground pin that I can toggle

Unwritten Rule #2, in fact I think it's written somewhere, don't do back and add bits to posts without saying "edit:" That second sentence is new.