how to run a steppermotor with a gt2560 board?

E_rik:
I can't find line 461 and i even can't find the gt2560 in the list of controllers. Maybe the program doesn't open good in my notepad but it's just a big mess of numbers that whole file.

Or maybe i'm too spoiled by using Windows for 20 years?

Try a different editor. I don't use Windows but I hear of people using something called notepadPlus or +

Can you change the line-ending settings in Notepad?

I use the Geany editor. I believe there is a Windows version.

I don't think it is fair to blame the Arduino system because you have chosen to use a specialized piece of hardware for something unusual. Or because you can't open a text file.

...R

Thanks Robin, notepad plus is what i needed, now i can see that file properly.

I had never heard of this program before :o

Well i don't know if i should blame Arduino, i even don't know what it stands for but i thought it stands for an easy way of building computers where all components can easy communicate with eachother.
I was fooled by the video's of kids building robots, i would like to see a kid connect my motors to my board...not that i don't believe that they exist but those must be special kids i think.

Here you can see a professional manual for a controller, i really like Roboteq but we can't compare it with Arduino since it costs 100 times more which is worth it imo.

http://www.roboteq.com/index.php/docman/motor-controllers-documents-and-files/documentation/datasheets/fbl23xx-datasheet/203-fbl23xx-datasheet/file

Okay time to study my pinmap again....

E_rik:
i would like to see a kid connect my motors to my board...

I would not say that loudly or often. The kids probably know far more than you or me. My youngest was giving telephone help about computers to his friends when he was 12 - and that was 17 years ago.

...R

Yes kids from now can have a daddy who teaches them all or they use youtube video's. When i was 12 we had english books in machinecode so that's how i learned english as well.

I know there are kids who know a lot about computers but i wonder if they know what i just learned from this forum...that there are accelsteppers who have their own drivers who are not in Arduino standard. Or how to connect a steppermotor with different colored wires and connectors.

If it's all plug and play i also can do it but that's sure not the case with this gt2560 board.

I can see the pinout now in that file but i still don't know what to measure, even if i could find pin 54 for Arduino. It must be one of the pins under the Ramp-board i guess and sure i'll measure something there because that board gets warm.

I measure 18V on the connector for the motor so it is connected now but won't run. I bet it's a very small problem like a jumpersetting or some other small issue.

I can't be bothered too much though, my final plan is to buy a UDOO X86 with Arduino onboard and i will use a motorshield for that to let my motors run.

My robot has no space for loose printboards, i want them stacked in a box all together in a safe spot.

It would be nice to see the motor run but i'm not going to put much effort in it. Better use my time to learn how to program. This motor is fine i guess, it only has to drive a light brush and not even very fast. Almost any 18V motor can do that.

E_rik:
Yes kids from now can have a daddy who teaches them

I guess I was not clear. My 12 year-old was helping his friends without any help from me.

Never underestimate the ability of kids to learn when they have an incentive to do so.

...R

This is what i got from Geetech.

It goes beyond my knowledge, did i use the right pins during the testrun?

QQ截图20160801101457.jpg

Image from Reply #25 so we don't have to download it. See this Image Guide

1fad3c35079a8f7a2f20625129380c1547d979a5.jpg

...R

It looks like one of the A4988s use Pins 35 and 37 for STEP and DIRection.

...R