How to run multiple DC motors with an Arduino Uno R3

Hi all. I have in my mind a project that implies one 12v DC motor, 3 smaller 3.3/5v DC motors and a sensor. (plus few buttons/LEDs) Will I be able to run them all with my Uno R3 and which other shields/whatever will I need? I am a total beginner. If that is possible, any tutorials/websites where I can read about it can help. I know nothing about schematics or things like that, so that will be difficult I guess :) I have searched alot, but nothing there is almost exactly as my project. Many thanks!

Do you realise that you haven't given us any idea what your project is other than a vague list of random components? What are you trying to make?

What motors? Do they turn one way only or do they need to go forward and back? That affects what you need to drive them.

What sort of sensor? How many buttons and LEDs is "a few"?

It's quite likely that you will be able to run all that with a Uno but it does depend on what everything is going to be doing.

Steve

If the motors are standard DC motors, you probably could control them by simply using a relay board, two digital pins per motor.

Take one of your listed components and learn how to connect it. And learn how to code it. Continue with another one. Move on. Learn how all components work as individual components and finally how to generally combine several components in your code. There's no way you can find anything ready for a project including exactly one 12 V DC motor, three 5 V DC motors and a sensor.

I do apologise for the late response, I've been gone for few days.

slipstick: Do you realise that you haven't given us any idea what your project is other than a vague list of random components? What are you trying to make?

A small machine that can mix adhesive.

slipstick: What motors? Do they turn one way only or do they need to go forward and back? That affects what you need to drive them.

Biggest one, one way only. The smaller ones, forward and back.

slipstick: What sort of sensor? How many buttons and LEDs is "a few"?

A sensor that shows when the system is full. 4 buttons and 2 LEDs.

zoomkat: If the motors are standard DC motors, you probably could control them by simply using a relay board, two digital pins per motor.

Big thanks, gonna study that.

Johan_Ha: Take one of your listed components and learn how to connect it. And learn how to code it. Continue with another one. Move on. Learn how all components work as individual components and finally how to generally combine several components in your code. There's no way you can find anything ready for a project including exactly one 12 V DC motor, three 5 V DC motors and a sensor.

Sure will do. Thanks.