How to save recieved SMS in a database? please help :(:(

Hi arduino people, im just new to this device and i fell inlove already, however im stuck, it seems i don't know what i am doing, i don't know how to store recieved sms in my database(mssql).

1. what is your advice would i use mssql or should i go to other databases(i dont know if mssql is compatible with arduino sms shield)
  2. please help me how to do it.

the codes im using are in the sms library that is included in the sketch.

please please please help.. many thanks guys.

I don't know about a database program for Arduino. You can save the SMS on a SD card, if you like.

You can't run any SQL database on an Arduino (apart from a Yun).

If you must use an SQL database you will have to have it on a PC and a suitable program on the PC to receive the data from the Arduino and save it to the database. Which raises the question - why not receive the SMS on the PC and cut out the extra complexity of the Arduino.

It's a different thing altogether if you just want an Arduino to receive an SMS, act on it, and then throw it away.

...R

DrDiettrich: I don't know about a database program for Arduino. You can save the SMS on a SD card, if you like.

how can i save it to an SD card? but ill have to buy an SD card shield, it would add up to my expenses..

Robin2: You can't run any SQL database on an Arduino (apart from a Yun).

If you must use an SQL database you will have to have it on a PC and a suitable program on the PC to receive the data from the Arduino and save it to the database. Which raises the question - why not receive the SMS on the PC and cut out the extra complexity of the Arduino.

It's a different thing altogether if you just want an Arduino to receive an SMS, act on it, and then throw it away.

...R

thanks for the response but i just thought of using arduino :)