How to send/receive data between Raspberry Pi Zero W and Arduino Uno Wifi Rev2

Hello all,

First off I’d like to note that I’m very new to these type of projects, as well as Arduinos themselves.

Currently, I’m working on a senior project, in which I have an Arduino Uno Wifi Rev 2 motor controlling and sensing, and a Raspberry Pi Zero W displaying a touchscreen input/interface, as well as sensing itself.

I’ve gotten both devices connected to my home network (Through interface of Raspberry Pi and <WiFiNINA.h> for the Arduino) but I’m honestly entirely lost on how to proceed.

My goal is to send information from the Arduino’s sensed readings to the Raspberry Pi, where the Pi can calculate, and then send a command to the Arduino to move the Servo Motor in a particular direction.

I’m new to the forum, so I apologize if I should have put this post in the “Project Guidance” section, as I don’t really have any specific code to go off of, but I’m completely unsure how to even start writing the code, as there is very little documentation for Wifi on the Arduino outside of the given examples.

I appreciate any help in advance, thanks!

-Jaxon

About the simplest way is using sockets, or UDP. Both involve very little code, and both have tons of examples available at the tip of your Google fingers....

Regards,
Ray L.

RayLivingston:
About the simplest way is using sockets, or UDP. Both involve very little code, and both have tons of examples available at the tip of your Google fingers....

Regards,
Ray L.

Thanks Ray! I think I'm finally able to get somewhere using UDP!

-Jaxon