How to show only $GPGGA sentence in GPS using Arduino mcu?

Don't print the others.

how?

how?

Surely you can figure out how to not do something.

We have no idea what GPS you are talking about. We have no idea what sentences that GPS outputs. We have no idea how you are collecting the sentences. We have no idea how you are outputting them.

And yet, you expect us to tell you how not to do something?

There are two stickies at the top of the forum. Come on back when you've read them. Not before that, though.

are you representing all the people here? you said "we" ? what i'm asking is for advice, procedures, or hints for experienced programmers who have handled the same project like mine and who are knowledgeable in using the gps.

are you representing all the people here?

Yes, I am.

We are all PaulS.

PaulS:

Yes, I am.

You don't speak for me. :roll_eyes:

IceScream:
are you representing all the people here? you said "we" ? what i'm asking is for advice, procedures, or hints for experienced programmers who have handled the same project like mine and who are knowledgeable in using the gps.

Just ignore him. Tell us how you are reading the sentences in. You just need to buffer up each line into a character array and then use strncmp() to compare the beginning characters to "$GPGGA". Or you could use strtok() to tokenize the whole sentence and then compare the first token to "$GPGGA". Depending upon the GPS module, you may be able to tell it to only output the sentences you want.

IceScream:

Yes, he is. You haven't given any of us the information that PaulS asked for. We don't know unless you tell us.

hmmm if
Serial.print("$PMTK314,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0*29"); //can turn on only the second sentence (GPRMC)

Serial.print("$PMTK314,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0*28"); //can turn on GPRMC and GGA

how bout turn only GGA?

IceScream:
hmmm if
Serial.print("$PMTK314,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0*29"); //can turn on only the second sentence (GPRMC)

Serial.print("$PMTK314,0,1,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0*28"); //can turn on GPRMC and GGA

how bout turn only GGA?

Serial.print("$PMTK314,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0*29"); //can turn on GGA?

sure?

IceScream:
sure?

No.