How to stabilize voltage measurement?

Hi. I am readind voltage from a temp sensor and I have the following problem. At a specific temp the voltage is going from 1.69 to 1.73 so I am loosing the acuracy of the measurement. What can I put to my cirquit in order to stabilise these small changes?

Read the sensor, then read the sensor a second time. Only use the second reading.

You can also average 10 readings.

Need more info to advise. Is this your thermistor car water temp sensor?

If you're using default Aref, is the 5volt supply stable. As LarryD mentioned, multiple reads and discarding the first one could help. Do you use smoothing in your code. Post the code and the circuit diagram for detailed help. Leo..

I am trying to read the throttle posion sensor value. It works with volt that change from the position. So when I keep it to a specific time and I used a code to read the output voltage the voltage changes 1,73-1.69 etc. My code is that

void setup() {
  // initialize serial communication at 9600 bits per second:
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

// the loop routine runs over and over again forever:
void loop() {
  // read the input on analog pin 0:
  int sensorValue = analogRead(A0);
  // Convert the analog reading (which goes from 0 - 1023) to a voltage (0 - 5V):
  float voltage = sensorValue * (5.0 / 1023.0);
  // print out the value you read:
  Serial.println(voltage);
}

I dont know hiw to smooth that!

Taking multiple readings and averaging can reduce noise quite well - its the first thing to try. As temperatures don't change very rapidly you could use a running average.

I dont know hiw to smooth that!

Have you tried something simple like below? There may be a sensor issue with a wide variation at certain temperatures.

// read the input on analog pin 0:
  // Convert the analog reading (which goes from 0 - 1023) to a voltage (0 - 5V):

Hi,

I am readind voltage from a temp sensor and I have the following problem. At a specific temp the voltage is going from 1.69 to 1.73 so I am loosing the acuracy of the measurement.

I am trying to read the throttle posion sensor value. It works with volt that change from the position. So when I keep it to a specific time and I used a code to read the output voltage the voltage changes 1,73-1.69 et

Sorry , what is it you are reading, throttle or temp sensor? And what is it on, car,truck, petrol, diesel?

Tom...... :)

Do you use an R/C filter on the pin.
If this is in a car, expect a lot of hash on the wiring.
Post a diagram.
Leo…