How to start text at bottom right (15,1) instead of upper left (0,0) in 16*2

When a text is printed into 16*2 lcd display , it starts at upper left position which is (0,0)

But I want to print text from bottom right which (15,1) like this

Please help me to do this .

When a text is printed into 16*2 lcd display , it starts at upper left position which is (0,0) // column , row

But I want to print text from bottom right which is (15,1) like this

Please help me to do this .

It looks like you have what you want already.

While there is a way to tell the display to update the characters from right to left instead of left to right, there is no way to tell the display to draw the characters upside down. If you want the characters drawn upside-down then you will have to rotate the actual display.

--- bill

Your images are broken. Do you want to print the text completely reverse?

And: 1. is it just one text with 2 lines and 2. how often is it changed and 3. what causes the text update (delay, then new text or how is it planned?)

Threads merged.

@rpt007, yes I want to print the text completely reverse. I uploaded pictures , pls check it .

when text starts at (0,0)

but I want text to start at (15,1)

1.No , just normal text , one line for row 1 and another line for row2. 2. It will be changed in every one second . 3.I'm collecting data from sonar sensor , and it'll update the values .

Pls help me to do this .

But I want to print text from bottom right which is (15,1)

Unfortunately this won’t be possible.

@pberrybap is right stating:

If you want the characters drawn upside-down then you will have to rotate the actual display

Afaik some time ago there was a similar question in this forum about the same goal.
The encoder built in the LCD display is not prepared to do that.

Maybe you have to look for another display which can switch the display orientation. But then you might be faced with finding (or writing it yourself) a suitable Arduino library for that.

So the only way is, to mechanically rotate the display by 180 degrees.