How to stop stepping motor with just arduino coding

Hey, I'm designing board with current sensors to connect with Rover, so the sensors will measure currents flowing into each wheels and some others. And not only measuring, but also I want to stop motors when the currents are overflowing into the wheels. But I don't want to use circuit breaker or relay. How can I do this? I will use acs712-20A for current sensors and use PCF8591T for I2C. And if the current is more than 20A, I want to stop motors.

Please post a link to the datasheet for your motors.

Your title says "stepping motors" but your text gives the impression you are using DC motors.

...R

What is driving the motors?

Robin2
I'm using NEMA 23 with worm gear to steer and Here is the datasheet.

and also I 'm using pololu37D to rotate

MarkT
I'm using motor controller ESCON 36/3 and Driver TB9051FTG and Arduino Mega 2560 to drive the motors

From the Original Post

And not only measuring, but also I want to stop motors when the currents are overflowing into the wheels. But I don't want to use circuit breaker or relay. How can I do this? I will use acs712-20A for current sensors and use PCF8591T for I2C. And if the current is more than 20A, I want to stop motors.

The Pololu webpage for their 37D gear motor says the stall current is 5.5 amps - where has your 20A figure come from?

I still don't understand what lies behind your question about how to stop the stepper motor. Stepper motors only move if the Arduino produces a step pulse for the stepper driver. If you want the motor to remain stationary then don't create any step pulses.

A Nema 23 motor seems vert large for steering - what size if the thing you are making?

...R

PS ... a link to the datasheet for your stepper driver would be a big help

Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code

The ESCON 36/3 seems to have a software configuration tool you use to program it? The TB9015 is documented at the Pololu site.

So if you can control both of these it ought to be easy to stop them.

Are you trying to replicate an abs system? The worm drive gearing will most likely act as a brake, if the motor is not pulsed.