How to take pictures and save to a sd card

So I bought a camera board by radioshack and a SD card shield by seed studio and I'm trying to basically save photos taken by the camera to the SD card. I tried using the example code but it doesn't seem to work. I load the code, put in a SD card, wave my hand around the camera to see if it will take pictures, take out the card and put it in the computer but nothing shows up. If you maybe have another code or can work out my problem that would be great.

You need to be more specific that this. What sample code, link please.

What triggers the picture taking? What triggers the picture storage?

Grumpy_Mike:
You need to be more specific that this. What sample code, link please.

What triggers the picture taking? What triggers the picture storage?

ok here is a link to the code I was using its says its riggr by the motion senor on the camera so when it detects motion it will take a picture.

http://blog.radioshack.com/2013/01/radioshack-camera-shield-for-arduino-boards/

sorry i cant post the real code its too long its in the souppot files.

ok here is a link to the code I was using

Sorry it is not, it is a link to a blog that describes the product. Off that is a link to support files which I have downloaded.

However I can not work out what code you are running. I can't seem to find an example that has the camera and SD card that claims to do what you say.

So it would be good for you to post the code you are having trouble with. If it is too large then zip it up an attach the file to the post.

Grumpy_Mike:
Sorry it is not, it is a link to a blog that describes the product. Off that is a link to support files which I have downloaded.

However I can not work out what code you are running. I can’t seem to find an example that has the camera and SD card that claims to do what you say.

So it would be good for you to post the code you are having trouble with. If it is too large then zip it up an attach the file to the post.

ok, sorry for the hassle, but here is the code im using in a zip file.

camera.zip (4.67 KB)

OK thanks.
Now have you got the SD card bit working without any camera attached?
It could be a problem with the formatting of the SD card. With just using the SD card then you can read the feedback it gives and see the card and can open a file. The problem is that with your setup the camera uses the serial lines so you can't get any feedback.

Have you read the comments from that page you posted, there is one at the end that goes into detail about setting things up. One even said it takes up to an hour to save a picture.

well, ive tryed using the setup with the crittergram by make. snce i didnt have a pir sensor i just uploaded the code to it and tryed it out. It said it would save the pictures to a file on the sd card called temp. after pluging in the sd card, its showed a empety jpeg file called TEMP. i havent seen any comments on the website about that, but havent looked into detail on the comments in the code.

Grumpy_Mike:
OK thanks.
Now have you got the SD card bit working without any camera attached?
It could be a problem with the formatting of the SD card. With just using the SD card then you can read the feedback it gives and see the card and can open a file. The problem is that with your setup the camera uses the serial lines so you can't get any feedback.

Have you read the comments from that page you posted, there is one at the end that goes into detail about setting things up. One even said it takes up to an hour to save a picture.