How to transmit a continuous loop at 915MHz with nRF905

I am trying to learn arduino but I need help. I have an nRF905 hooked up to an arduino uno similar to this: http://www.electrodragon.com/w/index.php?title=NRF905_Transceiver_433MHz-Wireless_Module

I want to use only one side of this and transmit @ 915MHz on a continuous loop. I was using this as a general guide: http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,234274.0.html

I moved the SPI flash library and attempted to move the nRF905 library in there too from github but it doesn't seem to be reading the constant commands. https://github.com/zkemble/nRF905

It acts like the library for nRF905 isn't even in there and I'm lost and need help, thanks in advance!

Bob

I moved the SPI flash library

From where to where?

and attempted to move the nRF905 library in there too from github

From where to where?

but it doesn't seem to be reading the constant commands.

What is "it" that is not reading what "constant commands"?

It acts like the library for nRF905 isn't even in there

What does?

Where is your code?

// Get the RFM69 and SPIFlash library at: https://github.com/LowPowerLab/

#include <nRF905.h>
#include <SPI.h>

#define NODEID        2    //unique for each node on same network
#define NETWORKID     100  //the same on all nodes that talk to each other
#define GATEWAYID     1
//Match frequency to the hardware version of the radio on your Moteino (uncomment one):
//define FREQUENCY   RF69_433MHZ
//#define FREQUENCY   RF69_868MHZ
#define FREQUENCY     NRF905_BAND_915MHZ
#define ENCRYPTKEY    "sampleEncryptKey" //exactly the same 16 characters/bytes on all nodes!
#define IS_RFM69HW    //uncomment only for RFM69HW! Leave out if you have RFM69W!
#define ACK_TIME      30 // max # of ms to wait for an ack
#define SERIAL_BAUD   9600

char payload[] = "123 ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ";

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(SERIAL_BAUD);

char buff[50];

Serial.println(buff);

}

long lastPeriod = -1;

void loop() {
  Serial.println("in loop");

Serial.println("Send complete");
}

So this is my code so far, not much to it because it’s not doing anything it’s supposed to right now. It’s give me the error:
Binary sketch size: 2,014 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)
Binary sketch size: 2,014 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0xf9

I moved the library folders into the arduino/libraries/ folder and reloaded the arduino program.

NRF905_BAND_915MHZ LITERAL1 is the constant command I was referring to, sorry I don’t know the proper lingo yet :confused:

When I say it’s not reading it, I mean usually the libraries show up read which I assume means that the program has loaded it. I never see the nRF905 library go red in the code.

Again, sorry for being so noob to this, I’m trying to learn.

Bob

Is the radio connected to the hardware serial pins? Pins 0 and 1 that is.

If so, it is interfering with the process of uploading the sketch to the Arduino. Disconnect it while uploading.

I moved the library folders into the arduino/libraries/ folder and reloaded the arduino program.

Which did nothing to solve the hardware problem.

When I say it's not reading it, I mean usually the libraries show up read which I assume means that the program has loaded it. I never see the nRF905 library go red in the code.

Color doesn't mean anything.

This is how I have it setup right now so pins 0 and 1 are not connected at all. Good to know color means nothing, ugh. I will be reading up on this during the week but am very thankful for your help!

Bob

I reckon the title of your Thread should be "How to compile program with NRF905.h"

...R

Put the libraries you download and use into sketchbook/libraries/ folder (or wherever it is in
your OS) otherwise you’ll just lose them the next time you upgrade the Arduino IDE.

The system looks in both places, but re-installation won’t touch your sketchbook or
libraries folders but could remove/replace the system libraries folder.

Finally got it all loaded in correctly, thanks guy! Also, the color DID turn red when it loaded correctly, I guess colors mean something.

Bob