How to turn off nodemcu remotely ?

Hello, I am trying to make less power consumption for nodemcu. I know there is a sleep mode we can use but I need to go deeper. I want to cut off the power somehow. I was thinking make with timer. I will send data to timer for setting a time. When the time comes it will send to 3v signal to mosfet and it will open the gate for power. The problem is with timer. I really don’t know now is there a timer for my purpose.

Also i tried to draw on excel what i was planning.

SlimeDont5:
Hello, I am trying to make less power consumption for nodemcu. I know there is a sleep mode we can use but I need to go deeper. I want to cut off the power somehow.

Why?

Note that the ESP has a “CH_PD” pin which turns it completely off with a very small power drain. If you use the right regulators, you do not need any extra components to shut off the power. A NodeMCU may not be the best choice for this, if for no other reason that it has a USB chip drawing power even if it is not used.

Paul__B:
Why?

Note that the ESP has a "CH_PD" pin which turns it completely off with a very small power drain. If you use the right regulators, you do not need any extra components to shut off the power. A NodeMCU may not be the best choice for this, if for no other reason that it has a USB chip drawing power even if it is not used.

Thank you for your respond. I am using a old notebook battery and there is no charge cable and other things so that is the main reason why i am trying to cut power. I am trying to get lowest possible power consumption cause I don’t know when batteries is gonna die.

If Nodemcu is not best choice for this project, I would like to get your idea. I want to control my dc motor via WiFi. This is kinda irragation project so I made android app and connected to firebase. I am sending two time variable with android app. One of them is for engine and the other is for sleeping time. I get the value for engine and its works for x(it depends on value) second. After the job finished, it gets sleeping time and makes nodemcu sleep.

Note: I am newbie and apologize for language. :confused:

Well, clearly it cannot receive commands while it is asleep, though there is a partial sleep mode in which it can. The trade-off is that it still uses significant power.

You suggest you propose to put it to sleep and use a timer to wake it again when another job is scheduled. Presumably you will be using a RTC such as a DS3231 to do this, which keeps time using its own lithium "button cell". You can most certainly do this using the CH_PD pin to shut the ESP completely down.

The most basic ESP is the ESP-01. This has eight interface pins including the 3.3 V Vcc and ground, Rx, Tx, CH_PD, reset and two GPIO. You need a 3.3 V regulator to power it from any higher voltage so you would need one which itself had negligible "standby" current.

Paul__B:
Why?

I like that answer.

At least the OP did provide project details so we can suggest better methods.

OP- Have you considered the power drain of the timer, or will you be using a wind-up alarm clock?

SteveMann:
I like that answer.

At least the OP did provide project details so we can suggest better methods.

OP- Have you considered the power drain of the timer, or will you be using a wind-up alarm clock?

I actually did. I was probably going to use DS1302 or same type module. They have own batteries but I didn’t mention on purpose because ı wasn't sure which type timer I will use.

Also I would like to thanks @Paul__B. I am considering his suggestion. His idea already what I was thinking before.