How to upload program into ATMEGA328 using CP2102 USB to TTL

Hello All,

I was Burn boot loader into my new ATmega328 chip. And I verify the boot loader successfully burnt or not using upload a blink into that chip using My UNO(Arduino as ISP). It is working.(The bread board chip was blinking a LED.

So I conclude the Boot loader was successfully burnt into that chip.

Now I want to upload the same blink example(or any other program) using CP2102. But I cant upload the sketches into my bread board chip.

Connection I made
CP2102----------------ATmega328. 328 only. not 328P.

VCC(5v) --------------- VCC,AVCC (Right,Left)
GND --------------- GND,GND (Right,Left)
TX --------------- RX (2Pin)
RX --------------- TX (3Pin)
DTR --------------- RESET (1Pin) Through 0.1uf capacitor(104 ceramic) Series DRT between Reset pin.

16Mhz crystal(9th PIN,10th PIN) with 2 22pf gnd one pins each of capacitors.
10K Pullup resistor with VCC.

I had Like this CP2102 USB to TTL
http://www.ebay.in/itm/331998579381?aff_source=Sok-Goog

I attached the Cp2102 Image Please find

I got this error

Problem uploading to board.

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Sep 12 2016 at 17:24:16
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "D:\arduino-1.6.13 - BOOTLOADER\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM3
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xb8

avrdude done.  Thank you.

Problem uploading to board.  See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

cp2102.JPG

I run all my breadboard Atmega 328s with their internal 8MHz oscillator so I have no idea if the 16MHz setup requires different treatment - I suspect not.

Have you checked to make sure you do actually have a working 16MHz oscillator?

My USB-TTL cable only has CTS and RTS and I use RTS to cause a reset. The RTS pin is connected to a 0.1µF capacitor. The other end of the capacitor is connected to the 328’s reset pin. I also have a 5k6 resistor between the reset pin and Vcc. See this link.

…R

Yes. Robbin2 JI,

It is blinking right now.(means Crystal is working).

Did you check my attachment ?. CP2102 is standard Version ? or Reset version ?.

But I used DTR lines for reset the reset pin.

How to use internal 8Mhz clock. if this internal clock is reliable ?.

I am going to use this chip for interfacing nRF24L01, ESP8266(SW Serial), HC05(HW Serial). If I am using 8Mhz internal this SW serial and SPI protocol, HW serial already used timers or internal clock ?.

SureshKumar2610: How to use internal 8Mhz clock. if this internal clock is reliable ?.

I believe that is in the link I gave you. I have never had a problem with the internal clock - why do you think it might be unreliable

I am going to use this chip for interfacing nRF24L01, ESP8266(SW Serial), HC05(HW Serial). If I am using 8Mhz internal this SW serial and SPI protocol, HW serial already used timers or internal clock ?.

I don't understand the second sentence.

I use nRF24s with my 8MHz chips. And HardwareSerial at 500,000 baud. Actually it does not work so well at 115,200 baud. It's fine at 9600.

...R

Robin JI,

If I am using internal (enable) clock for that chip. that time can I use NRF24(SPI),HW Serial,SW Serial ?. why I am asking this I am going to use nRF-lib for nRF24(SPI). (I dont know what is in that Driver) In case the RF and SW serial share the 8Mhz internal clock. that time any problem occurred ?.

May be timers are used this same clock then how can I use this for nRF, SW serial ?.

thank you.

SureshKumar2610: If I am using internal (enable) clock for that chip. that time can I use NRF24(SPI),HW Serial,SW Serial ?

I thought I said YES to all that in Reply #3

Have a look at this Simple nRF24L01+ Tutorial

...R Completely off-topic, but I am curious to know what the "JI" means when you say "Robin JI". I have not seen it before.

Robin2 JI,

JI means like love,Affection, respect, Trust,etc, Teacher. If I say JI that means I was giving respect and trusting you... That is it. There is no behind anything...

That’s nice!

The Meaning of the Term “Ji” in the Indian Culture

SureshKumar2610: JI means like love,Affection, respect, Trust,etc, Teacher. If I say JI that means I was giving respect and trusting you... That is it. There is no behind anything...

That sounds good - and thank you for using it.

I guess I was a bit concerned that it might be the equivalent of the English word "sir" which implies a junior addressing a superior and I would not be comfortable with that.

Happy Holidays.

...R

Oh thank you very much and thank you for all, happy Holiday for all. Advanced Happy Christmas. And New Year.

I am wishing you all

****Happy Christmas****

****Happy New Year****

Arduino Team, Robin2 JI, Nick Gammon JI, PaulS JI, etc And all helping Minds