How to upload root certs

How to upload root cert for a private (non-Internet) domain? Will there be a WiFi1010 Firmware/Certificate Updater Tool?

Will source code for the firware running on the U-blox NINA ESP32 be released?

Using the regular IDE

Simply upload the WiFiUpdater sketch first from the WIFiFiNINA examples.

Then open up the option from TOOLS and select WiFi101Firmware Updater.

You should be able to add / remove certificates from there. (untested as I dont have certs)

Are you sure this works for WiFi1010 as well as WiFi101? I have only one WiFi1010 so I do not want to mess it up.

you are NOT updating the firmware just adding a certificate The example sketch is in the WFiNINA section designed for the MKR1010 which uses the NINA hence the name.

We can ask Sandeep when he gets in later.

How to upload root cert for a private (non-Internet) domain? Will there be a WiFi1010 Firmware/Certificate Updater Tool?

We plan to release a tool to update the certificates in the future.

Will source code for the firware running on the U-blox NINA ESP32 be released?

Yes, the source code will be released at a later date.

@ballscrewbob

No worries, I have no plans to put the wrong firmware in the WiFi1010. But I am concerned the layout of memory for roots certs may be different.

@sandeepmistry

Thanks, I will wait for updates.

Can you please explain what you mean by "Simply upload the WiFiUpdater sketch first from the WIFiFiNINA examples."??? nevermind. I see it now. So load the sketch in the device, then look for the item in the tools menu? I'm not seeing the 1010 in the tools menu item

CREATE does not have the same capability right now for some of the wifi features such as certificates and such.

As Sandeep said its on its way...

In the desktop IDE TOOLS, WifI101 Firmware Updater, That will open a small panel with some options you may not have noticed before.

From there you would select the correct COM port and then do a TEST CONNECTION which would confirm the update sketch is running and that communication is possible.

You will see in box 2 there is an option to update firmware but we need confirmation yet of which one we will be choosing.

In box 3 you can already see the Arduino SSL cert ready to accept a firmware but in that box you will also be able to add your own certs soon... Some of the MKR already have the ability such as the MKR1000.

I would not say play with them just yet !!

@Johnwargo.

Which board do you have as I see you in MKR1000 and MKR1010 (two different boards) ?

Trying to keep up with you LOL

Any way around connecting to a web server with a self signed certificate then?

I am trying to connect my MKR 1010 to my computer via a wireless network. I have an web API running on my computer that I am trying to get the MKR 1010 to send data to. I'm assuming since I am able to connect to my computer with another computer as long as I click on "Advanced" and "Proceed to my computer name (unsafe)" in Chrome, my page loads. I'm thinking that the self-signed certificate is causing the MKR 1010 to not connect. The code works and connects to a public website and is able to Post data.

There is a version v1.1.0 of firmware available for update that supports flashing custom root certificates, please see https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=572378.0