How to use an Android to access files on Arduino/SD card shield over Bluetooth?

Lets say I've got an arduino with an SDcard shield on it. And I want to use an HC-06 bluetooth adapter and pair it with an android device, So that I could access the SDcard (or any kind of non-volatile memory) . How could this be done?

I'm trying to design a game controller to use an arduino with a bluetooth adapter (HC-06 specifically) to interface with a cell phone (android) as just a generic HID device. How can I do this?

How could this be done?

The Android sends something to the Arduino, to tell it to dump the list of files, or a specific file. The Arduino reads that request from the (hardware or software) serial port that the bluetooth device is connected to. It does what it is supposed to, sending the reply to the same serial port.

How can I do this?

Start the IDE, and start typing.

Ahh thank you, thats a good start. I'm still trying to piece together if the android system can just "Mount" the SDcard, and then have a logical addressing to be linked some how through the bluetooth. Or if a separate piece of software has to be written in order to allow this to happen. I know I've seen SD card readers that can connect to the charger port of some cell phones and access it as if it were just a typical USB port. The device pops up and then an additional "SDCARD2" is added with SDCARD0 and SDCARD1

Wow. You are actually worse than the typical spam-bot.

Please stop cross-posting.

I'm still trying to piece together if the android system can just "Mount" the SDcard

Sure. Just like your phone can "mount" the SD reader in my PC.

I believe I have mopped up all of @nathancohorst's vomit. Replies go here.

I am not a spam bot - I posted the same topic in groups that pertain to everything I'm asking about - which would be Project Guidance, micro controllers, and storage. Why would that stir you up to the point of ridiculing me. I've recently gained a patent on a device that I'm trying to integrate this new HC-06 bluetooth transmitter, instead of the more expensive HC-05. I don't need both master and slave capabilities. I please ask that you stop acting so cruel, and ridiculing me.

nathancohorst:
I am not a spam bot - I posted the same topic in groups that pertain to everything I'm asking about - which would be Project Guidance, micro controllers, and storage. Why would that stir you up to the point of ridiculing me. I've recently gained a patent on a device that I'm trying to integrate this new HC-06 bluetooth transmitter, instead of the more expensive HC-05. I don't need both master and slave capabilities. I please ask that you stop acting so cruel, and ridiculing me.

I'm guessing that you did not read How to Use the Forum and that you did not read 50 or 100 Threads to see how the Forum works before posting your question.

Most people who answer questions here read several different sections and it is VERY annoying to waste time giving advice in one Thread only to discover that someone else had given the same advice in a different Thread.

The concept of "mounting" an SDCard on an Arduino is a bit strange as the Arduino has no operating system and can only have one program loaded at any one time.

Of course that program could be permanently listening for requests from a partner program on the Android device.

...R

Ok, I then must apologize about my methods of posting. Its ashame the moderators of this group couldn't point that out in a decent, mature fashion. Doesn't look good for the arduino community. I am not familiar with using forums being that I have a severe issue with socializing with anyone at all. It should be amazing enough that a person like me that hides in a room all the time has actually invented and patented something. I've have a form of high functioning autism which makes many things very difficult to do, I'm sorry moderators, but possibility of this is always around, and failing to accept that is just plain cruel. I understand now (thank you robin).

From the way you explain it, It sounds like I'm going to have to fabricate a program that can load on the android device that can basically emulate a mountable device, and have the ardunio in loop listening on serial lines (connected to the bluetooth device) for a certain command, like a file list, or initiating a transfer. Do you know of any resources to aid me in this?

nathancohorst:
Do you know of any resources to aid me in this?

I can't help with the Android stuff - presumably there are Android forums that could.

There are many example programs in the Arduino IDE that cover different parts of what you want to do. You should start by studying them.

Then create some short Arduino programs that allow you to experiment with reading an SD card, receiving commands, and sending data from the SDCard. Initially don't bother with Bluetooth or your Android - just work with your PC and the Arduino Serial Monitor. Then write a short sketch to allow you to experiment with sending short messages between Android and Arduino using Bluetooth.

If you get stuck with any of these parts post a question here (in this Thread) and include the code for the program. But please read the How To Use the Forum.

...R