How to use arduino ehernet?

Hello guys, I'm new at the forum so sorry if I'm not at the right subject, and english is not my first language as well.

The thing is.

I'm doing a project at school and I intend to use arduino ethernet, but i'm not sure if it's the best choise nor how to use it properly. The project is a baby crib that moves in order to make the baby fall sleep. I've already made the mechanic part and I was controling the brushed motor using buttons and a PIC16F84A and some transistor. But i want to improve it. Install an microphone, an IP camera, so that the parent could see the baby outside the room and some other sensor. I made some research and found that through internet it's possible to connect to arduino and get the information about sensor and stuff. The question is, can I use Arduino Ethernet? Is it better to use Uno and buy a Shield? How can i make that communication between camera, pc (or a cell phone) and arduino?

Thank you!

You should be able to incorporate both arduino data/control and and a webcam feed in a single web page. Below are previous post on arduino web servers that might make informative reading.

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=web+server&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.arduino.cc%2Findex&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=&gws_rd=ssl

The Arduino Ethernet is the same as the Arduino Uno plus the Ethernet Shield melted together into a single board. When you want to do many things in the Arduino, and use many sensors, and a (micro)SD card, you need the Arduino Mega 2560 plus the Ethernet Shield.

Hmm, I see. Ok I guess I'll use and Arduino Uno with the internet shield. And i'll do some reading about webserver. I don't know how to reply each message... So..

Thank you very much guys!

alexandremuniz2010: Is it better to use Uno and buy a Shield?

A Uno and a shield is probably a lot cheaper. An Ethernet shield will also work fine on a Mega.

Nick_Pyner:

alexandremuniz2010: Is it better to use Uno and buy a Shield?

A Uno and a shield is probably a lot cheaper. An Ethernet shield will also work fine on a Mega.

Thank you Nick, I'd propably do that!!

hey if you want to buy a baby crib then i recommend you to read baby crib reviews first on parentner then proceed next.