How to use Arduino Programming Language in Atmel Studio 6?

Hello!! I am new to Arduino, but i know that Arduino has lot of libraries with it for various complex process like ethernet, sd card interfacing etc. But we can't use Arduino IDE to create big projects as it will become more complex in that IDE. So i want to use Arduino Libraries, in Atmel Studio, is it possible to do so i dont have any arduino board with me, but some custom boards on AVR and just want to use take benefit from the arduino libraries. In short i want to write code as per standard of Arduino Programming Language but wants to compile it in Atmel Studio 6. I am having JTAG ICE3 with me to program my AVR Boards. Please tell me how to do so.

I think I may have found something that might help you :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNBhFVgH1y8

I think the IDE is very minimalist too, it would be good if there was some kind of "pro" edition where you could have more organisational tools

oh, and Arduino language is basically C so it's really simple.

I actually need something like this. But i dont have that Arduino new project, i think the reason behind this ks that i am using old atmel studio 6.0. I have to upgrade it.

Apart from that i want to know whether this option is available by default or we have to add some plugin for this. Because i had found a found a plugin visual micro on internet, which is used for this pupose.

I will download the latest version and will it a try.

Try this:

The link given above is in beta from.

Does anyone used this. http://www.visualmicro.com/

xpress_embedo: But we can't use Arduino IDE to create big projects as it will become more complex in that IDE.

Why?

How big can an Arduino project be?

...R

I've used VisualMicro with AS6, it works just fine.

Rob

Graynomad: I've used VisualMicro with AS6, it works just fine.

Rob

Hello!! Graynomad

I am also trying to use visualmicro, but i am getting an error.

Unable to locate configuration data for this hardware. Please confirm you are using the correct ide (.exe) location

This is the error i am getting when building my project. It looks like that paths are not properly assigned. I am having Arduino IDE 1.0.6, and i had configured it properly. Can you please tell me what might be the problem.

I don’t think I can be much help, I installed it maybe a year ago and can’t remember what I did. Best to ask on the VM forum I think.

Rob

Graynomad: I don't think I can be much help, I installed it maybe a year ago and can't remember what I did. Best to ask on the VM forum I think.

Rob

Hey Sorry, it works.

Actually two things are written Arduino 1.0.x and Arduino 1.5.x And i am using Arduino 1.0.6 and providing the path in Arduino 1.5.x

What is the difference between 1.0.x and 1.5.x??

VS is nice, but... You can get a REAL debugger, for a small fee! Be aware that it a free app and dependent on many other applications. You can add stuff , but most of the time it is a pain to make it work - too many errors downloading simple stuff and some of it is outdated. My experience was great until VS started crashing my XP. Still does and I do not know why. Than I got runaround from many "customer services" blaming the problem on each other, namely "XP is no longer supported by MS". If you are looking for organizing your Arduino project take a look at "new tab" "feature". It is a strange name for using multiple source files, kinda-off orphaned and must be illegal to talk about it. Cheers Vaclav

What is the difference between 1.0.x and 1.5.x??

I have no idea. It might be that 1.5 supports the newer boards like the Due. But whatever the reason it's confusing having two active releases.

Rob

This Visual Micro is not free, means to use debugging feature we have to buy the license. I just want to know that, i am using Atmel Studio 6.2 and Visual Micro to write codes for AVR in Atmel Studio 6.2 using arduino programming language, i am having avr debuggers in office, will they work with this. JTAG ICE3 will work or not.

Hello!! I am trying to compile a Code for Memory Card Interfacing but it is giving me following errors.

I am using Atmel Studio and Visual Micro, can anyone please help me in this regard.

MyClass.cpp:In file included from
MyClass.h:13:20: error: SD\SD.h: No such file or directory
MyClass.cpp:10: error: ‘File’ does not name a type
MyClass.cpp:In function ‘void SETUP()’
MyClass.cpp:18: error: ‘SD’ was not declared in this scope
MyClass.cpp:26: error: ‘myFile’ was not declared in this scope
MyClass.cpp:26: error: ‘SD’ was not declared in this scope
MyClass.cpp:26: error: ‘FILE_WRITE’ was not declared in this scope
Error compiling

I am also attaching the code, please some one help.
I dont know why i am not able to include the SD.h file

SDCard.zip (314 KB)

Problem solved without using any 3rd Party Software. This video shows how one can use the Arduino Core and Other Libraries in Atmel Studio 6.2 without any other software like visual micro. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeDlN-07cMA&list=UUNNLL5gqyn0_8OEAKS8zzuQ