How to use Beetle DFR0282 to power the circuit?

Hello all,

I am trying to use Beetle DFR0282 to power the sensors, Bluetooth module and bunch of leds in my circuit.Now I want to make sure it supplies enough current.

I am planning to use a 5 V voltage regulator between Beetle board and rest of my circuit.

I connected Vout and GND of Beetle DFR0282 to a bluetooth module Vin and GND but it overheated and stopped working! OR In other word: BURNED!!

Now question is what circuit should i use in between to prevent this and supply enough current to the module.I am assuming a diode might help?

I appreciate any help!

Thanks!

I am assuming a diode might help?

No.

I connected Vout and GND of Beetle DFR0282 to a

I don't think the DFR0282 has a Vout pin does it?

I am planning to use a 5 V voltage regulator between Beetle board and rest of my circuit.

Sounds like a good idea.

I am trying to follow this post:

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=329236.15

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=329236.0;attach=130126

Now not sure that 5vdc can supply power.

Now not sure that 5vdc can supply power.

Depends what you mean by supply. What that 5V output does is pass on the power got from the USB port.

So can I power a Bluetooth module using the 5vdc?

It depends on the Bluetooth module. Some have a 5V power requirement and others have a 3V3. If yours has the latter then you have to drop the 5V down to 3V3. However, you will also have to drop any signal output from the Beetle from 5V to the new lower supply as well.

That hook up diagram for the nRF2401 does not do any of the signal level shifting so if you just simply replaced it with a 3V3 Bluetooth module it could be damaged.

I connected Vout and GND of Beetle DFR0282 to a bluetooth module Vin and GND but it overheated and stopped working! OR In other word: BURNED!!

Which one of the two boards is "it" here. Sounds like it was the Bluetooth module, is that right?

I am using a 5v Bluetooth module based on rn42 made by sparkfun.

No actually Beetle board burned.It may have been the lose soldered pins.

I have another 3 which also warm up a bit when I connect USB cable.

It may have been the lose soldered pins.

All soldering must be solid. What burned on the Beetle?

I am using a 5v Bluetooth module

Then you don't need those diodes in hat diagram.