How to use ESP8266-01 as Bluetooth module in MIT

hi

im apply a simple project to control of pins out ( on/off LED) using Arduino and Bluetooth module by android App MIT, my question is how to using the ESP8266-01 instead of Bluetooth, most of topic guide to program of ESP standalone, how to use to control of my Arduino through RX & TX or any think else

thanks for assistant

with the ESP there are several options, first, you can use the AT commands of the firmware and let the Arduino communicate with it over the serial-port, this is my least preferred option ! the AT commands are limited and they make the ESP act as an interpreter rather then as a compiler, making it veeeerrryyyy slow and tedious to program. Second you can program the ESP directly using the Arduino IDE and let it also control any peripherals straight from that, For most cases this is actually the easiest and for just turning a led on and off it is easily sufficient. In some cases the third option of programming both the ESP and an Arduino and getting them to communicate via the Serial port can be a solution when you want to connect devices that the ESP does not support. The communication between the ESP and the Arduino will be a part of both the programs that are doing different things for you.

Deva_Rishi:
with the ESP there are several options, first, you can use the AT commands of the firmware and let the Arduino communicate with it over the serial-port, this is my least preferred option ! the AT commands are limited and they make the ESP act as an interpreter rather then as a compiler, making it veeeerrryyyy slow and tedious to program. Second you can program the ESP directly using the Arduino IDE and let it also control any peripherals straight from that, For most cases this is actually the easiest and for just turning a led on and off it is easily sufficient. In some cases the third option of programming both the ESP and an Arduino and getting them to communicate via the Serial port can be a solution when you want to connect devices that the ESP does not support. The communication between the ESP and the Arduino will be a part of both the programs that are doing different things for you.

thanks for reply, do you have the example supported by code and aia file for second and third options, where i still beginner for using arduino despicably ESP

There are examples for this once you install thiscore library for Arduino, for creating a webpage that you can access either by using ESP as an 'Access Point' or in 'Station-Mode' or both. What do you prefer, to connect directly to the ESP (AP) or via a router(STA) ? or you could do both. for Connecting the ESP to an Arduino and running things from there, you'll mainly need to use Serial communication but a lot of the ESP connecting to your phone (or laptop) is more or less the same. Anyway install the core.

i have complete set up for MIT app inventor (aia file) android app and ESP sketch ( in station mode) to control two relays(on/off), you can PM me

KASSIMSAMJI:
i have complete set up for MIT app inventor (aia file) android app and ESP sketch ( in station mode) to control two relays(on/off), you can PM me

can you sent to me the sketch and aia file

Deva_Rishi:
There are examples for this once you install thiscore library for Arduino, for creating a webpage that you can access either by using ESP as an 'Access Point' or in 'Station-Mode' or both. What do you prefer, to connect directly to the ESP (AP) or via a router(STA) ? or you could do both. for Connecting the ESP to an Arduino and running things from there, you'll mainly need to use Serial communication but a lot of the ESP connecting to your phone (or laptop) is more or less the same. Anyway install the core.

i already try to using the ESP as AP and connect by phone through simple app by MIT, but can not reach to using it as Wifi control unit of my arduino same as using in RemoteXY building app

Husseinsalah:
i already try to using the ESP as AP and connect by phone through simple app by MIT, but can not reach to using it as Wifi control unit of my arduino same as using in RemoteXY building app

PM sent, i hope you will be able to modify the codes and take it from there