How to use HTML variables in C++ ?

What I am planning on doing is using specific data from a website, letters to be exact. How do I go about representing these values in my code ? I am using the ESP8266. Thanks for any advice.

How do I go about representing these values in my code ?

This question needs some context.

using specific data from a website

Is the Arduino going to be accessing the web server as a client? Or, is it going to be acting as a server?

If it is a client, which site is it accessing? What data is the server replying with? How are you issuing the GET request? How are you saving the server response?

Unfortunately I am still a beginner but thanks for your reply. The arduino will access the site as a client. The url=http://eagleapp.02806.org/index.php#]site[/url] is one made by my school and within the html are the periods represented by letters. I want the arduino to get the periods( the order changes everyday) I want the arduino to know the order of the periods everyday.

How are you issuing the GET request?

Nothing yet, Im not really sure how.

Do you know how to do what you want with a program on your PC?

I reckon it is much easier to experiment with and learn web-related stuff on a PC because there are thousands of helpful websites.

When you know how to do it on a PC it should be reasonably easy to transfer your learning to an Arduino.

There are also many tutorials for using the web from an Arduino - the basics will be similar whether using WiFi or Ethernet.

And look at the ESP8266 Forum.

...R