How to use LOW POWER modes on MKR1010?

What libraries and commands do I need to use to put my MKRWIFI1010 to sleep in between sensor readings? Mine is solar+battery powered and remotely located, so wakeup will be on a timer.
I am assuming I have to put the U-blox W102 to sleep AND the SAMD21 to sleep using different commands. I think these both have a variety of low power modes to choose from.
Also, is there a way to not waste 13mA with the Power LED? (or should I just cut it off the board?)

Hi @stevempotter,

I am assuming I have to put the U-blox W102 to sleep AND the SAMD21 to sleep using different commands

There's no way to put the u-blox to sleep, however two alternatives:

The SAMD21 can be put to sleep use the ArduinoLowPower library available in the library manager.

Also, is there a way to not waste 13mA with the Power LED? (or should I just cut it off the board?

It's connected to the PMIC and is always on.

After a lot of attempts, in addition to what MKR1000 was suggesting, in order to enhance my Lipo duration connected with a MKR1010 reading temperature data and writing them on Thingspeak in the Cloud, I ended my schetch with

WiFi.disconnect();

WiFi.end();

LowPower.sleep(1800000); //turns everything off but RTC functions for 30 minutes before starting again the loop() cycle

You need following library: #include <ArduinoLowPower.h>

apagliari:
After a lot of attempts, in addition to what MKR1000 was suggesting, in order to enhance my Lipo duration connected with a MKR1010 reading temperature data and writing them on Thingspeak in the Cloud, I ended my schetch with

WiFi.disconnect();

WiFi.end();

LowPower.sleep(1800000); //turns everything off but RTC functions for 30 minutes before starting again the loop() cycle

You need following library: #include <ArduinoLowPower.h>

Hey apagliari,

may I ask you something? How do you activate your Wifi module again after disabling it initially with WiFi.end()?