How to use one library with another

I am writing a library for a shield I am designing. That library needs to use the I2C library to read some data off a I2C device. How do I include the Wire library in my library?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

Vic

#include <Wire.h>
see e.g. - http://arduino.cc/playground/Main/LibraryForI2CEEPROM

How do I include the Wire library in my library?

Be aware that you will also need to include the Wire library in your sketch, too.

I hate to appear dense, but I don't see how this helps. I would like to see code so I can begin to understand how to do what I want. I am not a C++ person though I have much programming experience.

I guess my question now come to "Where's the Code?"

Are the standard Arduino libraries open source?

Any enlightenment will be appreciated.

I am writing a library for a shield I am designing.

This presumes some level of familiarity with the Arduino and programming in general.

I hate to appear dense, but I don't see how this helps. I would like to see code so I can begin to understand how to do what I want. I am not a C++ person though I have much programming experience.

I guess my question now come to "Where's the Code?"

Are the standard Arduino libraries open source?

This completely contra-indicates that familiarity.

Unless you know how to tell users of your shield how to install the library, you really have no business developing a library. If you did know how to tell the users how to install the library, you'd know that the questions you are asking are silly.

Of course, the Arduino libraries are open source. After all, a library consists of nothing more than a .h file and a .cpp file. No object or lib files are even delivered.

As to where they are, I'll let you figure that out.

you can simply include more than one library, by putting each library in a different include line :)

PaulS

Thanks for you help. I hope that all the rest of your 10,000+ posts where as helpful to the OPs!

Perhaps some of the other readers of this thread wouldn’t mind telling me where the source to the Arduino libraries are kept.

Vic

Perhaps some of the other readers of this thread wouldn't mind telling me where the source to the Arduino libraries are kept.

I'll try, if you tell me what operating system you are using, and where you installed the Arduino IDE, and which version of it you are using.

Also, have you seen this page? http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/LibraryTutorial