How to use text console from IDE in webpage ?

Hello, I'm developper of Blockly@rduino (https://github.com/technologiescollege/Blockly-at-rduino) and I would to interact more with IDE.

I can send command line to IDE with a Python server, but I would like to see the dbug console text. And also have serail console but it's another pb...

If anybody has an idea... thanks a lot !

scanet: I can send command line to IDE with a Python server, but I would like to see the dbug console text. And also have serail console but it's another pb...

Can't you capture the serial output with your Python program (rather than using the IDE) and present it to the browser?

Or have I completely misunderstood what you want to do?

...R

You're right, that's what I'm looking for. But I don't know how to do it... For kids and newbies, see something like the progress with informations is cumfortable, and that's I'm trying to copy.

Do you have any idea how ??? Thanks a lot.

This Python - Arduino demo illustrates the basics.

...R

Thanks a lot, but it's not using serial console and communicate with Arduino card the problem, it's communicating with Arduino IDE. I'll try to be more clear : using command line and see in webpage what's happening, like the text console at the bottom of the IDE.

scanet: I'll try to be more clear : using command line and see in webpage what's happening, like the text console at the bottom of the IDE.

What sort of stuff appears in that?

IIRC it is just the messages you get when compiling and uploading. When I use a Python program to call the IDE to compile and upload a program those messages appear in a terminal window on my PC and I don't know how to capture them into my Python program - I have never needed to.

I use Linux and I reckon it should be possible to capture that output to a file and then read the file with a Python program - but I have never tried to do it.

...R