How to use the full range of the adc to measure a potentional meter

I want to measure the value of a potentional meter whose value changes from 5K to 15kOhms and want to utilize the full range of measurement of the adc built in the chip. Is there an easy way without using a bridge? I meant it is better to be a simpler circuit than a bridge. Simpler here also means I prefer to use non-ic solutions, because there are some ics which can do this all together but cost more than a few resistors...

Presumably you mean a potentiometer (a variable resistor). Please post a link to it.

Is it correct to summarize that you want to measure a resistance value in the range of 5K to 15K with 10 bits of resolution?

The simplest is to use a resitive divider with a 15k fixed resistor. The fixed resistor goes to a -10V supply
rail, the variable to a +10V supply. Then the midpoint will be 0V when they are both 15k, and +5V when
the variable resistor is 5k.

However that takes two supply rails to achieve.

jremington:
Presumably you mean a potentiometer (a variable resistor). Please post a link to it.

Is it correct to summarize that you want to measure a resistance value in the range of 5K to 15K with 10 bits of resolution?

yes. you are right.

MarkT:
The simplest is to use a resitive divider with a 15k fixed resistor. The fixed resistor goes to a -10V supply
rail, the variable to a +10V supply. Then the midpoint will be 0V when they are both 15k, and +5V when
the variable resistor is 5k.

However that takes two supply rails to achieve.

`

good idea. thanks