Could you take a few moments to READ THIS. It will help you get the best out of the forum.
- Check you have a COMMON GROUND where required.
- Where possible use USB 2.0 ports or a USB 2.0 POWERED HUB to rule out USB 3.0 issues.
- Try other computers where possible.
- Try other USB leads where possible.
- You may not have the correct driver installed. CH340/341 or CP2102
- There may be a problem with the board check your wiring first.
- Remove any items connected to pins 0 and 1.
- close any other serial programs before opening the IDE.
- Ensure you turn off any additional security / antivirus just to test.
- There may be a problem with the PC try RESTARTING it.
- You may be selecting the wrong COM port.
- Avoid cloud/network based installations where possible OR ensure your Network/Cloud software is RUNNING.
- Clear your browsers CACHE.
- Close the IDE before using any other serial programs.
- Preferably install IDE's as ADMINISTRATOR or your OS equivalent
Arduino specific boards
- CH340/341 based clones do not report useful information to the "get board info" button.
- NANO (Old Types) some require you to use the OLD BOOTLOADER option.
- NANO (New Types) See the specific sections lower in the forum.
- NANO (New Types) Install your board CORE's.
- Unless using EXTERNAL PROGRAMMERS please leave the IDE selection at default "AVRISP mkII".
CREATE editor install locations.
- On macOs ~/Applications/ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1/ArduinoCreateAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/config.ini
- On Linux ~/ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1/config.ini
- On Windows C:\Users[your user]\AppData\Roaming\ArduinoCreateAgent-1.1
[u]Performing the above actions may help resolve your problem without further help.[/u] Language problem ? Try a language closer to your native language:
- 中文 - Chinese
- Deutsch - German
- Español - Spanish
- Français - French
- অসমীয়া, বাংলা, बड़ो (India)
- Italiano - Italian
- Nederlands - Dutch
- Português - Portuguese
- Русский - Russian
- Svenska - Swedish, Suomi - Finnish, Norsk - Norwegian
Thanks to all those who helped and added to this list. Bob.