How to use this kind of stepper motor?

Hi, I want to use this kind of stepper motor. Its a shinano kenshi co. ltm DCG-5216-C stepper motor. It has 4 wires blue, yellow, orange and i think the last one is brown.

The problem is I cannot know the proper wiring configurations of it. I already tried the led and multimeter test.

I havent tried to use the motor controller yet because I'm afraid if I bought the motor controller it will be just a waste of money if I cannot use it for this kind of stepper motor. the motor driver that I am planning to buy is Keyes H-Bridge Driver L298N.

It is probably a bipolar motor since it has 4 wires. You need to measure the resistance in the coils to identify which wires belong to which coils. There should be two pairs with the same resistance and no connection between the two pairs.

Knowing the resistance does not tell you what its working current should be. What do the motor come from ?
You really need to know the current in order to select a suitable driver.

An L298 is a very poor choice for driving stepper motors. Have a look at Stepper Motor Basics

…R

DC motor with gear

SHINANO KENSHI DCG-5216-038

engine parameters:

diameter of the motor / length 70 / 92mm
dł.osi 17mm, diameter 8 mm
weight of the whole approx. 0.91 kg
24V voltage
0.34A current without load
max current 4A
turnover 670rpm
50W power

http://www.akcesoria-cnc.pl/?menu=produkt&id=435

It certainly doesn’t look like a stepper motor which have laminations on the stator.

Fill in the blanks, report back.

OHMETER PROBES
RED BLK
| |
MOTOR LEADS
| | OHMS
brn blu _________
yel _________
or _________
yel blu _________
or _________
or blu _________

outsider:
Fill in the blanks, report back.

OHMETER PROBES
RED BLK
| |
MOTOR LEADS
| | OHMS
brn blu _________
yel _________
or _________
yel blu _________
or _________
or blu _________

This motor has 4 wires. orange, purple, yellow, blue.