How to use Underline I2C 16x2 KS0066F00

I'm using a 16x2 Samsung KS0066F00 display. I want to use the available underline as a progress bar. I can access the row with set.cursor but only on one spot. Does anybody knows a way to do this?

Thanks.

SH

I want to use the available underline as a progress bar.

I think you are confusing the 'underline' with the cursor. You use the set.cursor() function to determine where to display the character. You then have to display the character itself which would be done with Serial.print('_') .

Don

floresta:

I want to use the available underline as a progress bar.

I think you are confusing the ‘underline’ with the cursor. You use the set.cursor() function to determine where to display the character. You then have to display the character itself which would be done with Serial.print(’_’) .

Don

Sorry I used lcd.cursor. I attached a picture. Here you can see the cursor. I want to use the cursor at more the one spot.

Maybe I can do something with createChar().

thanks

cursor.JPG

I want to use the cursor at more the one spot.

The cursor is used to indicate where the next character will appear. You cannot simultaneously put the next character into more than one location and consequently you cannot have more than one cursor.

Maybe I can do something with createChar().

This is a possibility. I have not done much with the custom characters so I can't speak from experience. I don't know if the LCD controller will let you create characters that use the pixels normally occupied by the cursor. Even if the LCD controller can do this I don't know if the LiquidCrystal library is set up to handle this eighth row of information.

Don

I think the answer is yes. You can use the 8th row. The LiquidCrystal library supports it but you’re using an I2C extender so hope your I2C library supports it. I use custom characters to draw scroll bars on the right side of the screen and some arts. J3eri did some LCD arts as well some time back.