How to wire a ArduinoBT to its power.

I feel stupid for asking this question as I think I should know the answer.

I just bought a ArduinoBT. I am familiar with the Arduino Duemilanove and I have programed it, so I am not totally new to the Arduino.

As I read the instructions it says don’t power the ArduinoBT with a 9V battery. This has left me a little concerned I may screw something up. So I hope someone can point me to a tutorial or take a picture that shows how you would wire a ArduinoBT to receive power.

Thank you.

ps. Attached is the image of my ArduinoBT

ArduinoBT400.jpg

Get a 3-cell battery holder & power it from that (3xAAA, AA, C, D) Should be quite happy with 4.5v. Or, get a 4.5V or 5V wallwart. http://www.dipmicro.com/store/index.php?searchStr=power+adapter&act=viewCat&Submit=Search

CrossRoads: Or, get a 4.5V or 5V wallwart.

[u]Switch mode[/u] wall wart. A unregulated transformer type puts out 1.4*the marked voltage due to AC peak. This would be ~7V and would likely blow the board.

Thanks for replying,
I know this is really basic stuff for you guys, I just don’t want to burn my $150 ArduinoBT.

I have made a sketch as to how I think I should connect the 3AA batteries to the ArduinoBT. (See attachment.)

I am guessing the input should be the big grey input found in the bottom left of the board rather than the black power pins. Yes/No ? … or would the black power pins power the board as well ?

I take the negative and plug it into the Ground, and the Positive and plug it into the V+. Yes/No ?

I am guessing the input should be the big grey input found in the bottom left of the board rather than the black power pins. Yes

You got it right.

Lefty