How to wire l298n motor driver

Hi friends im new member i want to know how to wire l298n motor driver to arduino sensor shield ? now im making arduino obstical avoiding robot please can any one help me

We need some specs on the motor. Stepper or DC Brushed? Rated Voltage, Supply Voltage you are using, Running Current? Stall Current?

What would you like the motor to do? Run FWD, RUN REV, BRAKE, STOP?

The L298 is pretty inefficient. Much better devices available these days.

TharindaSL:
Hi friends im new member i want to know how to wire l298n motor driver to arduino sensor shield ? now im making arduino obstical avoiding robot please can any one help me

Hi Tharinda, welcome to the Arduino forum. Although this is a very popular topic, it is probably not the easiest first project. But it's not the hardest one either.

As I said it's a pretty popular topic, and so googling "l298n arduino" will bring up all the stuff you will need right at the top of the listing (diagrams, pictures, write-ups and videos). Peruse that stuff to get up to speed, then come back here once you are formulating your projects. Many here are downright genius at handling the details of an Arduino project, but only you can decide it's direction and intent.

Coming to the table with some understanding and the correct vocabulary helps the symbiosis of working through a project here much better!