How to write a remote controller code

Hi, I'm a beginner at using arduino and i have a project that supposed to be easy and it writing an arduino code to control a tv or an ac by turning it on and off and by controlling the temperature for the ac, how can i write it and what components do i need.
Please help!!

Is this some homework or project as part of an education qualification?

If so you need to google the words
arduino ir library

Grumpy_Mike:
Is this some homework or project as part of an education qualification?

If so you need to google the words
arduino ir library

it is for extra credit and my instructor told me i can get help with it but i have to explain to him what i did not just hand him the project , so the extra credit depends on me understanding it not doing it so i appreciate if you can help me with it

So have you done what I said?

Grumpy_Mike:
So have you done what I said?

yes i have and i barely understand what these codes are for

AhmadTaha221:
yes i have and i barely understand what these codes are for

Then ask some questions about the parts you don’t understand.

Delta_G:
Then ask some questions about the parts you don't understand.

as i previously said im a beginner at this whole thing so i only know the basics so i was hoping someone will help me thru the code step by step

Through what code? You haven't posted any code. You haven't made any effort at all as far as we can tell. If something is confusing you then ask a specific question. If you try to write some code and get an error message and don't understand it post it and someone will help explain it to you.

If you want a whole entire class in computer programming and how to write a program from the ground up then you need to go to school and find a class in programming.

Delta_G:
Through what code? You haven't posted any code. You haven't made any effort at all as far as we can tell. If something is confusing you then ask a specific question. If you try to write some code and get an error message and don't understand it post it and someone will help explain it to you.

If you want a whole entire class in computer programming and how to write a program from the ground up then you need to go to school and find a class in programming.

thanks for the help