How to....

Hello!

I read a lot about arduino + wiimote projects but I can't find any subject on controlling wiimote with arduino. For example, if I want to emulate arrow key on wiimote or any other button is it possible to send a signal to wiimote to control it? So my problem is to find out whether it is possible not only to receive signals from wiimote but also to send to wiimote and emulate keypress.

Any advice will be helpful, thanks to you

The wiimote is a Blue Tooth device so you will need a Blue Tooth shield.

There are plenty examples of interfacing that on the web. Alternatively you can just get the Numchuck and interface it directly as that is an I2C interface.

Grumpy_Mike, that's the thing. I need to control wiimote through cable via arduino so wiimote could control another device over bluetooth connection. So arduino sends a signal to wiimote, wiimote emulates the keypress and sends it's own signal to another devices via bluetooth. All the subjects I found on the net were about using wiimote as a bluetooth tranciever...

Grumpy_Mike, that's the thing. I need to control wiimote through cable via arduino so wiimote could control another device over bluetooth connection. So arduino sends a signal to wiimote, wiimote emulates the keypress and sends it's own signal to another devices via bluetooth. All the subjects I found on the net were about using wiimote as a bluetooth tranciever...

That seems a bit over complicated.. Why wouldn't you just send the signal from the Arduino itself?

In that case it would involve breaking into the wiimote. Hacking the BT module from the front end and substituting your own I2C drivers. I am sure it could be done but I am not sure if anyone has done it.

TchnclFl, I tried to ask this question some days ago but couldn’t get any answer. Overall, I need arduino to send bluetooth messages to control nokia n95 keys. There are python modules that can emulate n95 keys question is how to teach arduino to send a right code to n95 via bluetooth so python code could understand it and emulate an appropriate key?

That’s why I’m trying to do it via wiimote, 'cause there’s a software for nokia called “mobi-pad” that understands wiimote.