HT1632.h

I downloaded a library from GitHub - gauravmm/HT1632-for-Arduino: A powerful library that allows an Arduino to interface with the popular Holtek HT1632C LED driver.

For my Sure Electronic 3208 LED display.

I copied the example code from the website

#include <HT1632.h> // Include this before <images.h> or any font.
#include <images.h>

void setup () {
HT1632.begin(pinCS1, pinWR, pinDATA);
// Where pinCS1, pinWR and pinDATA are the numbers of the output pins
// that are connected to the appropriate pins on the HT1632.
}

void loop () {
// The definitions for IMG_HEART and its width and height are available in images.h.
// This step only performs the drawing in internal memory.
HT1632.drawImage(IMG_HEART, IMG_HEART_WIDTH, IMG_HEART_HEIGHT, (OUT_SIZE - IMG_HEART_WIDTH)/2, 0);

HT1632.render(); // This updates the display on the screen.

delay(1000);

HT1632.clear(); // This zeroes out the internal memory.

HT1632.render(); // This updates the screen display.

delay(1000);
}

When I try to verify it. I got this error

fatal error: HT1632.h: No such file or directory

When i changed to Arduino.h, the error disappeared. ( Is this the right way to do it?)

But the next problem is this:

fatal error: images.h: No such file or directory

Can someone please help me out with this? =/

Hi Kevin,

kevinnths:
I downloaded a library from GitHub - gauravmm/HT1632-for-Arduino: A powerful library that allows an Arduino to interface with the popular Holtek HT1632C LED driver.

Yes but where exactly did you put the files? Have you installed libraries before? You must download libraries into a folder called libraries inside your sketchbook folder. Then re-start the IDE.

kevinnths:
I copied the example code from the website

Please always use code tags when posting code. Please edit your original post and put them in (it is the </> icon).

kevinnths:
When i changed to Arduino.h, the error disappeared. ( Is this the right way to do it?)

That did absolutely nothing to fix the problem!

Paul

PaulRB:
Yes but where exactly did you put the files? Have you installed libraries before? You must download libraries into a folder called libraries inside your sketchbook folder. Then re-start the IDE.
Please always use code tags when posting code. Please edit your original post and put them in (it is the </> icon).

Paul

I put the file inside the Arduino library and i restarted the IDE too.

#include <HT1632.h> // Include this before <images.h> or any font.
#include <images.h>

void setup () {
    HT1632.begin(pinCS1, pinWR, pinDATA);
    // Where pinCS1, pinWR and pinDATA are the numbers of the output pins
    // that are connected to the appropriate pins on the HT1632.
}

void loop () {
  // The definitions for IMG_HEART and its width and height are available in images.h.
  // This step only performs the drawing in internal memory. 
  HT1632.drawImage(IMG_HEART, IMG_HEART_WIDTH,  IMG_HEART_HEIGHT, (OUT_SIZE - IMG_HEART_WIDTH)/2, 0);

HT1632.render(); // This updates the display on the screen.

delay(1000);

HT1632.clear(); // This zeroes out the internal memory.

HT1632.render(); // This updates the screen display.

delay(1000);
}

Does the version of the Arduino I am working with have an affect on it?

I put the file inside the Arduino library and i restarted the IDE too.

Well, are you sure you did that correctly? You already gave me a reason to believe you are not too careful when following instructions...

Have you installed other libraries that do work ok? Compare the folder structures of those compared to the new library.

PaulRB:
Well, are you sure you did that correctly? You already gave me a reason to believe you are not too careful when following instructions...

Have you installed other libraries that do work ok? Compare the folder structures of those compared to the new library.

Yes, I installed other libraries before and it worked. I'm having problem only with the HT1632 libraries.

Did you tried to download the library and run the example code? Did it work for you?

If you are using the latest IDE, you should not need to download anything. It is built in.

Sketch --> Include Library --> Manage Libraries --> select HT1632 --> More Info --> Install.
[/quote]

Paul__B:
If you are using the latest IDE, you should not need to download anything. It is built in.

Sketch --> Include Library --> Manage Libraries --> select HT1632 --> More Info --> Install.

Ok.I found library. It is from Adafruit, i had this library before but it is not fitting my LED display.