HTML WiFi Syntax

I am working on a garage two door opener. I am using a browser which when invoked on my iphone gives very small buttons. I can dual touch to enlarge but would like to have them come in at a decent size.

Arduino IDE limits the HTML syntax I can use and I have yet to find syntax that works. In particular “quotes” cause syntax compiling errors.

I have attached my working tiny button code. Any suggestions to enlarge the buttons would be appreciated.

Merci en avance.

HTML.ino (2.32 KB)

(deleted)

You have to escape quotes in a string

Serial.print("This \" will print the quote");

Prints

This " will print the quote

To display the content correctly on mobile platforms as well, include this in your HTML :

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no" />

There’s many problems with your HTML. All your content is outside of your body. Your CSS syntax is invalid. You can’t just add curly braces and put CSS inside your HTML tags. You either have to use the style property, or a style tag. Alternatively, use an external CSS file, this is generally the best practice.

Pieter

depending on network ‘adapter’ you use, you can put the static html and css into files and serve them from files. on esp8266 from SPIFS. with Ethernet shield from SD card.