Huge FSE Project and Teach messed up

So me and my partner are currently in a dilemma where we don't know how to code because the teacher gave us all too much time on past assignments, I said I was gonna try but we're currently having trouble with our project of a boxing ring with servos being controlled by push buttons that'll be attached to the project itself (not the breadboard obviously) so the functioning is that we're trying to get the servos for player 1 and 2 is to go hit in 2 specific degrees (they're 180 servos) so that they're like hands and then we'll have dipswitchs to trigger the 7 Segment displays to show the score between the two players but we really don't get how to program a servo to be affect by a push button and every time its hit, the servo goes in only 2 degrees back and forth. We've looked on the internet a bunch of times but nothing is coming to mind so does anyone have any sample code that could help? Thank you very much for your time, it's appreciated!

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Can I make a suggestion, you go and read what you have written in your first post and in the next post, put your situation in point form please!!!

At the moment all what you have to say is one long running sentence with the ODD comma.
If you want your post read, please make it readable.

You must know how to present a project, being in school.
What level of education is it?

What is your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

• We're currently in Grade 11 and this is our first year of Arduino
  • Our experience is an absolute 0 in programming except for a bit of understanding in the functioning of how it's written out
  • The project is that we have to program servo's for 2 players to be able to hit with a push button alternating back and forth for 2 degrees
  • Then once 1 of the players "character" has fallen down, it will hit the dipswitch which will then trigger 2 Seven-Segment displays that will show the score for the players

Does anyone have any kind of sample code to show how to do any kind of these things? Thanks and sorry for the mumble jumble.

2 degrees is too small a difference for most servos. They almost chatter that much. There's also the issue of play in the geartrain and accuracy (getting it to centre position).

Do you mean 2 degrees as between 20 degrees and 50 degrees?

jbellavance:
Do you mean 2 degrees as between 20 degrees and 50 degrees?

Are you a psychologist by trade? :slight_smile: Nice.

Are you a psychologist by trade?

Teacher... Sometimes I feel like one.