Humidity Sensor Recommendation Needed

Hello,

Does anybody know of a good, 2% accuracy or better, digital humidity sensor?

I am using a Dallas Instruments 1-wire Temperature sensor, and like using the 1-wire interface, is there something similar, (and similarly supported) for humidity?

I have come across the SHT-75, but its 2-wire, and I have no experience with these, and would prefer to stick with 1-wire sensors.

Any recommendations?

Regards,

I don't know how much you know about humidity measurement, but 2% is asking a lot -- especially if you really mean it. Some products will claim "2%" when you start asking pointed questions, there's nothign to back it up.

The SHT-15/75 sensors give you a REAL, guaranteed 2% accuracy from 10-90%RH. That kind of guaranteed performance is hard to come by. Doubly so when you consider the price.

In addition, they are also accurate in temperature to 0.5 degC or better from about +5 to +45 degC -- another very impressive specification.

If you really want/need this level of accuracy, I don't know of anything else in this price range that will do it. These sensors are awesome!

P.S. I have no connection, financial or otherwise, with the Sensirion company (other than being a satisfied customer).

I don't know how much you know about humidity measurement, but 2% is asking a lot -- especially if you really mean it. Some products will claim "2%" when you start asking pointed questions, there's nothign to back it up.

I know a reasonable amount, and as I say, have come across the SHTx5 range before.

The SHT-15/75 sensors give you a REAL, guaranteed 2% accuracy from 10-90%RH. That kind of guaranteed performance is hard to come by. Doubly so when you consider the price.

In addition, they are also accurate in temperature to 0.5 degC or better from about +5 to +45 degC -- another very impressive specification.

If you really want/need this level of accuracy, I don't know of anything else in this price range that will do it. These sensors are awesome!

Sounds like as good a recommendation as any! The price is not a huge concern for me, rather the accuracy is.

P.S. I have no connection, financial or otherwise, with the Sensirion company (other than being a satisfied customer).

Yh...yh....I believe you, many wouldn't!

Looks like I'll give the SHT range ago, I'll see how it goes. Looks like there is plenty of support around!

Cheers for the input.

I forgot to mention -- for some reason these sensors are "almost" I2C compatible -- which means you can't hook them up to the I2C interface. The start sequence is wrong or something like that. Just pick two other unused pins and do some bit banging. Kind of annoying, but I was willing to put up with it for the performance.

On the other hand, they can run on +5 or 3.3V which saves some work.

Shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Thanks for the heads-up though.