Humidity Sensor

Hey guys,

I haven’t actually got a Arduino yet - however, don’t start chargin’ your laser just yet. I’m in the process of doing research for a humidity control circuit I want to make using the Ardunio.

Basically it’ll sense the humidity and when it falls below a certain point it turns on a humidifier. I searched the board for “hygrometer” and “humidity”… however I didn’t find anything describing a humidity sensor which I CAN use.

Any suggestions?

sparkfun has one (SHT-11, maybe?) There are references to it on the forums here, IIRC.

Use google to search the forums (the forum search tool stinks). google "site:www.arduino.cc searchterm"

-j

lol sorry to spoil the fun

your probably doing this to see if you can do it yourself, but incase you just want a humidifier that turns on when its too humid, i believe they exist, and i have 2 in my basement, but i have to agree, i'd much rather build that circuit myself...

also, if you want to do this, i also suggest a constantly on "dehumidifier" and you connect a relay to the arduino, and then you just turn it on and off like a switch using the arduino and your humidity sensor.

sparkfun has one (SHT-11, maybe?) There are references to it on the forums here, IIRC.

Use google to search the forums (the forum search tool stinks). google "site:www.arduino.cc searchterm"

-j

Wow, never heard of this "sparkfun" page. Pretty fantastic stuff there - and I'm only just getting into electronics!

heres a tip: save up money, make a list of what you want to buy, then spend between 50-100 bucks on stuff.

saves you ALOT on shipping, and sparkfun doesent have a minimum purchase order, so you could order a capacitor for .10 $ and pay 10 bucks shipping, and theyd gladly send it to you, but shipping will truly make all the parts you buy WAY over cost, so save money by combining shipping.

i already spent 50 bucks on shipping on 300 dollars worth of stuff ( bought at seprate times ) and it probably would have cost me 12 bucks if i save all the money and bought everything together, so heres a heads up!!